Clean the firewall

Yongwd

Has anyone remove the front mudguard and wheel arc cover to clear those rotten leaves, sand, small tree branches, flowers etc etc out from the firewall?

Its a good way to keep away roaches and ants.

Spread some old newspaper on the ground when before u start digging.

Preferable with a water hose so that u can jet out all those rubbish accumulated inside there.

If you have not done before, have fun. This is inside my bi annual DIY maintenance program.

Edited by Admin
↡ Advertisement

Remove the screw/pegs that secure the mud flap and you can gain accesss to get rid of the leaf, mud and sand.

If you drive a Skoda fabia, it is easier still, just lift the edge of the plastic at the base edge of the wheel arch and all that stuff is easily removed. No need to remove any screw.

I believe the designer, have aready thought of such thing when designing the car.

If you look closely at the inside of the wheel arch, you will notice the protection and prevention of such unwanted stuff also catered.

Hey, if u park ur car under tree with lots of falling leaves, most likely the drainage holes behind the 2 mud flaps are clogged up.

Get a ready a water hose to do a complete job. You will be surprised.

I don't think i have that problem...... perhaps u can take a look at mine during our 2nd meet up... [:)][:)]

Some car uses the plastic cover and secure it with some pegs, however, the base or bottom is usually secured by screw. Anyway, I do not consider that area as firewall.

To me firewall is supposed to be inside the engine compartment, between the driver and the engine.

Neutral Newbie

I would ocasationally do that with the hose. U would be surprised at some of the loose sand particles that come out of those places.

Neutral Newbie

I tend to pick out all the dry leaves and crap out of the wiper cowling area before they can clog up the drain holes, better to maintain from the outside often [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Haven't been here for quite some time. I use fine plastic wire mesh secured wif thin cable ties to cover the holes on the grilles at the bottom of the windscreen. Of course the plastic grilles has to be removed to do that. This will prevent leaves and all those small stuffs from going in.

Hey pal... where did u go to? Think u join for awhile... and disappeared.... glad that u are back again..... look thru all the postings... there's so many interesting postings that all of us has posted... u'll find your stay here..... enriching.... and fun!! [:)][:)]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guyver

Been oversea's for a couple of months. Been catching up by reading posts in MCF. Wil be sticking ard. Btw do u guys organise any meetups etc...

I just did that couple of days back - managed to collect approx 2-3 litres of mud and decayed stuff!!! (all the water drainage holes were plugged by the stuff)

Did it together with my friend and his got lotsa ants and the nest coming out!!!

Hi Guyver

Been oversea's for a couple of months. Been catching up by reading posts in MCF. Wil be sticking ard. Btw do u guys organise any meetups etc...

Do stay active lah... we got lots of things that we talked about... so u'll definitely find something of your interest.... [:)]