Oil extreme: does it make sense?

Throttleb

Food for thought:

Since my office pple did a grp buy, 4 out of 4 pple who have tried it claim they feel a noticeable smoothness and ease of revs after putting in the concentrate, I personally havent put it in as my oil change is coming up soon; Does the theory at the website make sense and how come supposingly good and newish oils benefitted from it if they claim they are so good anyway/ [dizzy]

http://www.oilextreme.com

The theory:

When viewed under a microscope, all metal surfaces are rough. University studies suggest the actual contact area of two surfaces is only 10% to 20%. If the microscopic hills and valleys called asperities can be filled with a hard tribochemical film, the load on that metal part can be spread over a much larger area. This will reduce friction and wear up to 10 times.

Over the years, ZDDP, graphite, moly, micro metals, PTFE resins, and chlorinated ingredients have been used in the attempt to reduce friction and wear. ALL these ingredients have their drawbacks. Lead has been banned, and other ingredients discredited. Most additive companies won't even tell you what their magic ingredient is.

Calcium Carbonate is already used as an alkaline reserve in all motor oil additive packages.

Oil Extreme's

↡ Advertisement

this sounds like micro-plating... how much is one bottle? my servicing also coming up and planning to get Amsoil. Dunno if this can work with Amsoil or not?

I think it was an incredibly cheap $10 when they bought together at promotion which also includes

gas extreme, they atrying to get a couple more bottles at that price to stock up.

Ive got another 1000km on the clock b4 i try after changing oil.

I really cant vouch for it and only bought 2 bottles cos of the price.