• vortex platinum
    • vortex gold
    • v-power
    • shell 98
    • synergy 8000
    • SPC ULG 98

Neutral Newbie

vote for the petrol dat gives u the best mileage and power! [bounce1][bounce1]

still looking for the best petrol out there. hope u guys can help and share yr experiences. thanks! [angel]

↡ Advertisement

I have tried Shell 98, Mobil Synergy 8000 and V-Power. In order of preference: [ol] [*]V-Power [*]Shell 98 [*]Synergy 8000[/ol]

The engine sounds and feel smoothest with V-Power. Consumption is quite good too. About 9.4km/L.

In my car, the Synergy 8000 makes the engine sounds rough and the response is not that good. (Was on this for 2 months)

Shell 98 is in between these 2. And is good enough for most cars.

my vote in order of preference are

a)shell 98

b)synergy 8000

c)SPC ULG 98

currently got some 13% discount coupon, so pumping SPC till I use up all them. But overall I still like to have Shell 98 in my tank.

hmmmm... will Petronas buy up the pump stations from BP? [sly][sly] Probably not and my guess is that SPC will buy them instead. So no chance for me to pump Petronas.

Neutral Newbie

at the stretch of NSH, I would say it is one of the best. but to compare it with even our shell 98? no way man. even their shell vpower is of ron 97 unlike ours

at the stretch of NSH, I would say it is one of the best. but to compare it with even our shell 98? no way man. even their shell vpower is of ron 97 unlike ours

so it is true that for the same type of fuel (e.g. vpower), the chemical compositions are slightly different for those in M'sia & S'pore (which SHELL mentioned on their website)?? dizzy.gif

Hey guys

Maybe its better to compare in the three categories, since the price is different as well and the performance too [;)]

1. Ron95

2. Ron98

3. Premium petrol

I pump Ron98 only, Vpower evaporates too quickly for my liking though the power is good. My ranking is :

1. Mobil/Esso Synergy 8000

2. BP Ron98

3. Shell Super98

4. Caltex Ron98 (this is the worst for my car)

The recent changes for Shell petrol has not been good for my car. It feels more sluggish and petrol consumption has not improved. Hence, I would rank it below BP.

best petrol is spc! cos it helps me get discount for other petrols.

long live spc!

I do hope spc take over BP, and make the competition over petrol prices more intense over singapore

Neutral Newbie

gimme a hi-five..

using SPC and no turning back liao.... new convert , unfortunately.

works well on my ride and with the 13% discounts given for robinson's card holders, it's even more value for $$.

best petrol is spc! cos it helps me get discount for other petrols.

long live spc!

I do hope spc take over BP, and make the competition over petrol prices more intense over singapore

my swedish blonde doesn't like to drink spc leh. she gets all bothered and gives me that "not tonite, i've got a headache" crap.

she loves the clam shell juice. muz be some seafood aphrodisiac thing.

robinson's card holder got discount for SPC petrol at 13%? what type of card and where?

Not just Robinson card, any OCBC credit card also can. thumbsup.gif

".... got a headache" crap.

she loves the clam shell juice. muz be some seafood aphrodisiac thing. ....."

Hopefully no diarrhoea...with the recent spate of food poisoning...wif Oysters...laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

shellfish also can get tummy ache u know...hhehehehehe sly.giflipsrsealed.gif

after awhile on SPC, I tried to feed unicorn/harimau juice... and suddenly my FC goes southwards.

Think it's the adjustment in the ECU that detects the amount of detonation in the combustion chamber....u say leh ?

↡ Advertisement