KW coilovers or Koni yellow/Eibach pro-kit

Norman

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

considering either option. will anyone who has used the above care to comment? thanks.

i'm looking to improve the handling so that there's more stability in corners but don't want to lose too much comfort with normal driving

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I know KW coilover has fully adjsutable ride height and shock hardness but can be quite expensive. Koni/Eibach can be as good and probably cheaper price.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

thx Skywalker, yup KWs are > 2x the price of the Koni/Eibach combo. someone told me that the KW's are extremely harsh although the ride height and damping are adjustable (V2).

so just want some opinions from those that have used these before...have u used either?

also want to know if the KWs are really worth the extra or if can save some money and settle for the Koni/Eibach which may provide better than average value [:p]

Edited by Norman

Neutral Newbie

peugeot 406....yup, i know performance and comfort are at opposite ends, but just willing to sacrifice some comfort (not to the extent the ride is too harsh, like track setups) for improved handling. thx

Neutral Newbie

I tried Koni yellow and KW V2 (friends car) before, KW is more stiff than Koni, maybe KW setting not at softest. If u r not onto real performance but just for look & reasonable handling, Koni/Eibach is more than enough.

Hi Guys,

considering either option. will anyone who has used the above care to comment? thanks.

i'm looking to improve the handling so that there's more stability in corners but don't want to lose too much comfort with normal driving

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

sorry vtim, didn't get your comments? but your avatar very nice [cool]

Hi Guys,

sorry vtim, didn't get your comments? but your avatar very nice cool.gif

I reply but it came out blank [crazy][crazy][crazy]

Anyway, if you are looking for a bit more comfort, you should go for Yellow Konis/Eibach Pro-Kit combi but make sure you set the Yellow Konis to the softest setting [:)][:)][:)]

Bro norman

If u r seriously considering coilovers, Bilstein PSS9 is the best for Conti cars.

KW does not produce their own shocks, they buy from other brand which I wont say too much here. Eibach wif Sach also not bad.

Remember to call me after u lowered ur ride ok?[;)][:p]I want to see.......and drool.