40 members have voted

1. 1.

• Like it!
    • Don't like it!
    • Could be better!
    • Could be worse!
    • Hope thats not the final design!!!
    • Neutral

the headlight lids are really nice.... the grill is about the same with the evo7.... depends on the color to me.... looks nice with the black but with the yellow it looks ugly.... will comment more when I see it IRL

the grill is about the same with the evo7

You have got to be kidding when you say that...

the evo7 grille is one piece whereas the evo 8 grille is "kidney" grille.

the difference is visibly obvious! [shocked]

paiseh.... what I ment to say is the grill in both model have the same visual appeal to me.... but I think it looks nice in black.... I am kinda sleepy atm.... been reading the book I got in the mail today....

Doesnt seems to be very appealing to me... Looks almost the same as Evo7....

Why designers nowadays cant really come out with better designs hor.

Example: Evo 4-6 looks almost the same too, now Evo 7 and 8 oso like that... I think they too gotta kinda budget.... haha

I still say that the early 90's are the era of "leng Jai" cars.... (dates aren't all accurate)

93 - 02 RX7

93 - 98 Supra MKIV

91 - 95 MR-2

90 - 92 Celica

91 - 96 GTO

91 - 9* FTO

91 - 95 Z300

91 - 01 NSX

92 - 96 Prelude

91 - 96 Del Sol

etc... after 95 most of these cars vanished from except for the hondas.... it was kinda weird....

Edited by Rx7_lover

Hmmm....same engine, possibly boosted up a bit here and there, a new nosejob....sounds more like a nip n' tuck botox-type treatment rather than an all-new for next year thing perhaps ?

Looks like no one likes it, and I'm not surprised...

Apparently Mitsu needed to overhaul their Evo VII pronto because it was doing really miserably in the current WRC season, hence the Evo VIII. I wouldn't expect power figures to change (there's that "gentlemen's agreement" thing limiting stock jap cars to 280hp in theory - yah right), but look to things like torque and tweaks here and there...

isn't a gentleman thing.... it is some by law that the japanese garment made because they didn't want car manufacturers to build cars that were too powerful thus they set the 280 hp limit on them.... but with the exceptions of some super cars.... that is why japanese cars turned their focus into extracting more power from smaller engines.... as we can see it is relatively easy for japanese tunners to achieve 400 - 500 hp cars with ease.... if the laws weren't in place japanese cars would probably have been the class of the auto world....

2 cents

Edited by Rx7_lover

It's the paint job, I tell you...

Notice how Mitsu (red cars) dominated in rallying when McLaren (silver cars) was still winning World Championships in F1. And now with Ferrari (red cars) demolishing everyone, it's Peogeot's (silver cars) turn to rule WRC.

Simple. [laugh]

Erm... but how would a power cap force manufacturers to produce smaller engines?? Wouldn't larger engines be more logical, with generally better torque and tractability? And as far as I know, even the supercars aren't spared, the NSX, Skyline and Supra all have official power quoted as 280hp.

AFAIK (again, I could be wrong) there isn't a law governing this, just an "agreement", like the 155mph limit on german cars save for Porsche.

Very funny exchange when CAR writer Jason Barlow went to Japan to test the (then) new Skyline R34 and spoke to a Nissan engineer -

Jason Barlow: So, the R34 is more powerful than it's predecessor?

Skyline Engineer: No, still the same at 280hp

JB: But torque has increased?

SE: Yes

JB: And max power is developed at a higher engine speed?

SE: Yes

JB: But max power (torque x rpm) hasn't increased?

SE: No (smiles...)

JB: Okaaaay...

↡ Advertisement