Elf lubricant

Hensony

Readers of AAS magazines and Wheelsasia would recognise Elf's fully synthetic oil. It is Motogard's secret in offering the lowest price for car servicing.

I wonder if any bros here have used it before. Any comments?

At $46 for servicing, it is indeed very tempting to try out this brand.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

If it's fully synthetic and API SJ or SL spec, then should be good enough for normal service in our cars. I remember seeing ELF Syn oil being sold in Carrefour for $50+ per 4L as well.

Neutral Newbie

Hi! there, Hensony,

ELF Oils is one of the biggest petro-chemical companies in the world under the TotalFinaElf corporation in France. Their fuel & lubricants are developed from the racetrack, winning 15 World Championship. So, the next time you see TOTAL, FINA or ELF displayed on go-karts, motorbikes, cars, trucks, powerboat etc. it's from this company.

Rgds

Paul Yong

Hi, Turbobrick

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked that Elf's synthetic enginer oil meets the standards you mentioned. It's just this nagging feeling I have whenever I come upon something that is too good to come by. Know what I mean?

If Elf's engine is as good as Esso, Mobil, Castrol, etc., then why must its product be priced so unbelievably low? If the company is thinking of penetrating the Singapore market, a slightly lower price tag should do. But at $46 compared to the other brands I just mentioned at about $99, the big difference makes me think twice.

If it's fully synthetic and API SJ or SL spec, then should be good enough for normal service in our cars. I remember seeing ELF Syn oil being sold in Carrefour for $50+ per 4L as well.

Hi, Paul

Thanks for your reply.

If Elf's oil is so world renowned, how come its price is so unbelievably low compared to brands like Esso, Mobil, etc.?

Marketing strategy?

Hi! there, Hensony,

ELF Oils is one of the biggest petro-chemical companies in the world under the TotalFinaElf corporation in France. Their fuel & lubricants are developed from the racetrack, winning 15 World Championship. So, the next time you see TOTAL, FINA or ELF displayed on go-karts, motorbikes, cars, trucks, powerboat etc. it's from this company.

Rgds

Paul Yong

Hi, the answer to your question is simple. ELF oil is not really cheap but its Mobil, Esso, Shell, etc... which is expensive. In the USA, Mobil sells for $5 a litre.

ELF is also a lesser known brand, so if they sell at Mobil 1 price, you think got any consumer buy or not. So they have to fight on price and volume sales.

The ELF syn oil currently has the highest API rating. Also a renown brand so there's no reason why you should have second thoughts.

Rgds

I guess you are right. Mobil, Esso and Shell may be pricing their engine oil too high, like their petrol.

Guess I have no reason to try Elf lub then.

I shall try Elf engine oil for my next car servicing. Will keep you posted on its effect on my car, if any.

Hi, the answer to your question is simple. ELF oil is not really cheap but its Mobil, Esso, Shell, etc... which is expensive. In the USA, Mobil sells for $5 a litre.

ELF is also a lesser known brand, so if they sell at Mobil 1 price, you think got any consumer buy or not. So they have to fight on price and volume sales.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I shall try out Elf engine oil for my next servicing. Will keep you and the rest in the Forum posted.

The ELF syn oil currently has the highest API rating. Also a renown brand so there's no reason why you should have second thoughts.

Rgds

Neutral Newbie

I read from somewhere that it is good stuff for manual cars, how about auto cars ? What is the price for the engine oil and where can we find this ? [:)]

Elf engine oil is hot promoted by Motogard. The workshop is located in Tampines Ind Park, the one behind SAFRA Club.

The price is $45 per 4 litres.

I read from somewhere that it is good stuff for manual cars, how about auto cars ? What is the price for the engine oil and where can we find this ? [:)]

Motograd is the cheapest in town now for oil change. But some people had some bad experience with them, so go with caution.

Don't let them hoax you into changing other parts other than oil and never leave your car there unattended. Oil change take 30 mins at most, so better stick around.

If they tell you that they are busy, drive the car away and come back say an hour later.

Thanks for the caution.

That's what I like about forums like mycarforum. There are always helpful bros like you around.

Have a nice day!

Motograd is the cheapest in town now for oil change. But some people had some bad experience with them, so go with caution.

Don't let them hoax you into changing other parts other than oil and never leave your car there unattended. Oil change take 30 mins at most, so better stick around.

If they tell you that they are busy, drive the car away and come back say an hour later.

↡ Advertisement