Tucson or Sportage

Wongfs

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

for those who is considering Tucson, are you aware of the upcoming Kia Sportage (www.kia.co.kr/sportage) ???

do you have any idea when this is coming to SGP?

like the interior slightly more...

thanks and cheers

Daniel

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

for those who is considering Tucson, are you aware of the upcoming Kia Sportage (www.kia.co.kr/sportage) ???

do you have any idea when this is coming to SGP?

like the interior slightly more...

thanks and cheers

Daniel

According to an Australian automotive site, Kia plans to start selling the Sportage to the international market before the end of 2004. In fact, the Sportage is already selling in Korea. And it appears that the Koreans share your preference for the Sportage over the Tucson, judging from official sales figures.

Kia

Neutral Newbie

In my opinion, sales figures in another country should only be taken with a pinch of salt. Preference varies greatly between human to human, even more so between ppl of different cultural background. For ppl who are not in a hurry, waiting for the Sportage makes sense but for ppl who already feel that they are getting good value for the Tucson, then it doesn't make any difference. But the problem with most humans is that we don't do our homework. How often have we heard the phrase, 'If only I have waited for .....'.

Though both models sharing same platform but Kia has re-design the interior and exterior to make it more rugged! I don't like Tucson's interior also, too old fashioned type of design!

According to my SE in C&C, they will be bringing in probably end of this year or next year January as they are launching the Cerato Hatchback soon this year!

Me prefer Sportage than Tucson, my personal opinions only!

Sorry, I also dun like the design of that car and it gives a feeling like those small vans type. For Hyundai cars, I only like their Tuscani Coupe only!

In my opinion, sales figures in another country should only be taken with a pinch of salt. Preference varies greatly between human to human, even more so between ppl of different cultural background. For ppl who are not in a hurry, waiting for the Sportage makes sense but for ppl who already feel that they are getting good value for the Tucson, then it doesn't make any difference. But the problem with most humans is that we don't do our homework. How often have we heard the phrase, 'If only I have waited for .....'.

I agree...and who know's the price factors for the cars there may be very different. Imagine Sorento selling so well...in S'pore 3.5l the road tax can kill man!