Waja or Optra

Zann

Neutral Newbie

Hello!

I'm new here. I've been looking around for a new car, and so far have narrowed my choices down to the Chevy Optra and Proton Waja. Both auto versions.

I like the Optra for its solid build and ride, but rather slow pick up. The Waja is so so, rather noisy and the steering is rather heavy.

Any comments on the Waja's reliability? The build and interior quality is better than the Gen-2. Gen-s feels rather plasticky and flimsy. [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I prefer the Waja over Optra. For one, I think Waja looks better than Optra. It is also more spacious compared to the Optra. FC for Waja is 12-14 km per litre, not sure about Optra. Maintenance will definitely be cheaper. Optra being continental will give you more headache in the long run, from my experience of driving a Renault Megane.

Waja is good value for money in my opinion. My dad owns one in Malaysia and I love driving it.

Neutral Newbie

Megane nice to drive, but maintenance damn "chia lat". After 60K mileage, every 3 months need to have some changed, costing above $500 each time, above normal servicing. Giving up for a Jap car in a week.

Neutral Newbie

Actually I kinda like the Waja's interior, and the cheaper maintenance is a big draw. I can get used to the heavy steering, but am just wondering if there're any horror stories about the Waja in Singapore.

And I know the Optra has its own fair share of problems as well. Wah so difficult to decide! [dizzy]

My parents like the Waja, and am not so keen on the Optra due to its slow pick up and FC.

Anyway thanks for the replies guys! Hope to hear more feedback from the other members.

But u r the one buying n driving the car, why u parents must like also? My 2 cars no need their comments and just buy. As long as u like it, it's ok as u r the one buying.

since u like waja and ur parents too then why not? [sly]

for me i prefer heavier steering, the feedback is better [thumbsup]

another thing good about waja is the super handling and max torque comes as low as 2750 rpm which is perfect for city driving [thumbsup]

the only drawback is perhaps the build quality if compared to optra. but heard Sg waja is having better QC, but no one can confirm how true this statement is [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Optra Lah ! Mai Tu Liao !! if u want pick up, remove the spare tyre ,change yr stock rims to light weight alloy rims.. pick up ?? anytime lah !! [ [jawdrop][jawdrop][jawdrop] !!!

Neutral Newbie

Quite subjective issue lah, driving in Singapore i think can remove Spare Tyre, if going Malaysia maybe put it on lor, so far friends around me don't have any chance to change tyre yet in many years of driving . [nod][nod][nod]

Edited by Optra