Spy Shots: 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe

Alpina

Neutral Newbie

By the end of 2005 Hyundai will release the new Santa Fe model. It will replace the current Santa Fe, which has been on the market since 2001. Prototypes of the new car are being tested these days on the German autobahn as well as on snow and frozen lakes in Northern Scandinavia

With the new Hyundai Tucson filling the role of compact SUV in the model lineup, Hyundai is now free to grow the Santa Fe in size and move it up to compete with larger SUVs like the Nissan Murano and Toyota Highlander. The increased size will allow the Santa Fe to have a third row of seats for the first time. The new Santa Fe will be built on a platform that is shared with the new Hyundai Sonata sedan.

Styling is all-new and ditches the quirky looks of the current Santa Fe in favor of a modern, bold look with a very large, forward-sloping grille. Fenders sweep back towards the front wheels, making the front end more rounded and adding emphasis to the grille.

post-16-1103859044_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Oh yes, I agree..Nice work from Hyundai again....the only thing about Hyundai is FC. If only they were able to improve on the FC, they will sell very well...

CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) refers to the transmission.... while VVT (Variable Valve Timing) refers to the engine type..

comparing the 2, the VVT would be better at lowering fuel concumption than just the tranny...

Neutral Newbie

what about CVVT? I think Hyundai has that. I think the trajet and tucson have it? What does CVVT stand for? Constanly Variable Valve Timing?

oh yes, if its a CVVT then its a variable valve timing engine... which is good for FC... but it seems that hyundais still suffer from bad FC...

that might be due to the chassis and body shell then... weight would be the issue...

funny how no one complains about FC in a Merc or BMW??

Neutral Newbie

It seems like the Koreans still haven't got the hang of the fuel mapping... every Korean car model that I know of has relatively high FC in their class! [thumbsdown] Even the 1.0L Atoz has FC comparable to bigger engines, even though others in its class like the Kenari has lower FC yet better power.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, Hyundai cars are pretty heavy. And no one complain about Merc/BMW because their displacement is very high wadz. And after paying such a high price, even IF the car not good also must give face and cannot complain [laugh]

Edited by Vernon