Aveo speaker size

Totenkopfe

Guest Aveo_powered
Neutral Newbie

Hi,

If it's a notchback, front and rear should take 6.5inch speakers.

If it's a hatch, 6.5inch for the front ones and 4 x 6 inch for the rear shelf-mounted speakers.

But very few folks actually replace the 4 x 6. Most would just cut the board and fit 6 x 9s or 6.5inch components.

Cheers!

front is only 4.5 inch and rear can go to 6 inch normal and if modify can put sub woffer to 8 inch .. take note front can only be 4.5 inch cause of the mirror and motor .

Guest Aveo_powered
Neutral Newbie

Hi bro,

You are correct about the oem front speaker size, it is 4.5 inch.

However, a 6.5 inch can be fitted by a good installer so that it will not block the movement of the power window mechanism. I have done it. [;)]

Cheers!

yes , today i hunt for a shop who he claim that he has done one before dont tell me is you man ... any way which shop u done at and what speaker and $ how much .

it can be fitted with a german made speaker but the price is [knife] man .. so never get it . wait for your reply .

Neutral Newbie
Hi bro,

You are correct about the oem front speaker size, it is 4.5 inch.

However, a 6.5 inch can be fitted by a good installer so that it will not block the movement of the power window mechanism. I have done it. wink.gif

Cheers!

Hi Aveo_Powered, I am interested in changing the front stock speaker to a pair of 6.5 in component speaker. Please do let us know where you did yours. Thanks!

Guest Aveo_powered
Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

Actually, I did it myself. [;)]

Basically, you need a set of slim mid-bass speakers to start with, ie. mid-bass speakers with magnets that are not too big. Also, you would need to fabricate a spacer from MDF board, so that there is enough clearance between the window mechanism and the rear of the speaker.

Most installers should be able to do it, it's a matter of price i guess... [smallcry]