=============================================================

Opel Zafira 1.8 A Sport

Price: $72,800

Engine Capacity: 1796 cc

Gear: Auto

Mileage: 2,600 km

Vehicle Features: 7 Seaters, Cruise Control, Rear Passager Air-Con,

Accessories: Factory Fitted Leather Upholstery, DVD Player, Full Body Kit, Rims

Description: Low Mileage, Showroom Condition.

Registration Date: 30-Oct-2004

Depreciation: $6,578 per year

COE: $22,000

OMV: $19,738

No. of owners: 1

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

wah, 10months only done 2,600km?

lots of acessories is a plus.

but i think can squeeze a bit further to around 6-6.3k depn per year.

Supercharged

hehe....i don't really know much about the wish except that it is highly popular.

maybe u can also list out the info about the wish so we can do a head to head comparison.

(edited)

Construction and safety wise, I think Zafira's better.It's a trait of continental cars. Some more the mileage is low. But in terms of looks, the Wish is definitely more sporty looking.

However Toyota's cars seems to have less solid chasis, thus bodyweight is light resulting in low FC.

Maybe try slamming the doors of the two cars and see for yourself ?

Edited by Darth_mel

what do you look for? you must prioritise as $$ wise, wish is definitely cheaper. new ones are about $80k. but i can say zaf is more robust, better drive & seating is very flexible.

for the 2nd hand zaf, if u can squeeze the price down a bit more it would be worth your while.

Thanks for all the advise.....I'm looking at either new WISH or a 2nd hand Zafira.....still considering. But the mentioned Zafira looks like a good buy with all the accessories in....

Supercharged

bro,

if ur choice is brand new wish or resale zafira, i definitely ask you to go for the zafira. no doubt about it.

so much accessory, and a higher paper value meaning ur losses minimise if you decide to sell off the car 3 years later.

between the two, i'd probably choose the Zafira. it has the famed Flex7 system, the interior although looking dated, is filled with toys the Wish and only "wish" pun intended. Althought he wish looks good, interior is spartan, no cruise control, no rear aircon (unless you fix yourself), seats don't fold flat into the floor and would be a very likely car to be stolen if you go to JB (i know someone who lost his Wish last month after going to JB) But what it has working for it is that the fuel consumption is about 14km/L, very good. I don't know how it handles but the zafira is also famed for its handling and has won many awards in the MPV catagory. It might, however look dated as the new zafira II has been introduced and may hit our shores late this year or next year.

here is the opel owners group where you can learn more abou the zafi.

http://groups.msn.com/SingaporeOpelOwner/

Can someone advise me what is Cruise Control ? And what could be the reason for the low OMV ?

Supercharged

bro,

cruise control is a device that allows you to set a fixed speed on the car so that you can cruise at that particular speed.

as for the omv, you are comparing the wish omv which is high. for your information all parallel imported cars have higher omv and Wish is a paralle import car.

the reason why PI cars have higher omv is because local importers buy from an overseas dealer. as the overseas dealer has already factored in some profit margin, the local importer will have to bring it in at higher omv.

Supercharged

bro,

this is book depreciation

(car price - parf)/remaining useful life of car

parf can be 55%, 65% or 80% of OMV depending on which batch of car you talking about. the % i quoted are arranged in order of the latest batch of cars registered.

take note if u sell your car, you can't sell at book value most of the time.

hence book depreciation is not the fairest indication of your cost unless you are talking about driving the car until its end of life.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

But hoh.. 7mth only 2600km, dun you find its abit weird??? 1 mth only 370km.. I 1 mth already cover close to 2000km and some bro here even more in a mth...

maybe I kiasi Sinkapo lang... actually personally I feel that unless you know the previous owner, otherwise its better to be skeptical....

Edited by Eugeng

(edited)

if i buy a 2nd hand car, i will go for 1yr or less, low mileage. this one is good! [thumbsup] take a test drive or even go for viacom evaluation if need be.

nowadays, so many people just buy & buy, when still many people kenna retrenched or put out of work. most likely owner financial difficulty or too much money to burn. [sunny] if there is something amiss, it won't take much effort to find out.

Edited by Anakin
↡ Advertisement