83 mazda rx7

Jawz

Neutral Newbie

heys i show an 83 mazda rx7 ... might be thingking of getting it.. but wat u guys think... worth it.. dis model rotary engine also rite.... it looks gd fr d outside but not sure but d engine n all.. pls give me yr views thanks!

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

the maintenance charges will kill u [sweatdrop]

another thing that kill u is the fuel consumption

only good thing is the road tax... [hur]

Edited by King

(edited)

Car more than 20 years, I usually siam. I think the form is better than the function by this age. ( I personally like the RX7 very much )

Just checked the Sgcarmart website. It says it is only 1100 cc. So, road tax should still be o.k.

I am not too sure if outside workshop know how to fix rotary engine, if they got problem. Even if you go back to MM, they may not have the parts and you may need to wait some time for the shipment.

Edited by Tploh

heys i show an 83 mazda rx7 ... might be thingking of getting it.. but wat u guys think... worth it.. dis model rotary engine also rite.... it looks gd fr d outside but not sure but d engine n all.. pls give me yr views thanks!

Buy it if u really like it very much otherwise avoid cause its maintainence gonna be high...

If you have the time and patience and moola to restore it to its former grandeur, go for it. Fuel consumption is equivalent to a 1.6l plus 20+ yr car sure a lot of wear and tear, no go in my opinion...

Get a proper inspection of the car (pay for it). If the engine is good, and theres no rust then go for it. Since (as I've recently found out) the Renesis engine is based on the 13B, and quite a few of the minor engine prob parts are the same, shouldnt be too hard to maintain.

Neutral Newbie

do u mean the first gen savanna FC??? is running on a 12A engine. not a gd buy on normal mode i will say. parts for that block is out if i am not wrong. unless u planning to plant in 13Bs than.... [pirate]

Oh the 12a isn't half bad. If you could afford it, I say keep it as the 12a rx7's are becoming collectors items. If not the 13b (if not already in there) is fairly cheap and the swap (if our damn govt allows it) is pretty simple.

Neutral Newbie

Hey you, what colour is the car? Just curious. Maybe I've seen it before. I was looking for RX7 too but i prefer the FD over any other generation.

In my opinion, if you have another car to drive around everyday, then buy it as your second car. If not, its not really reccommendable.

However, if your passion for the car is so great, just go for it man. You only live once.

↡ Advertisement