VW Caddy TDI van

Vass

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Anybody have experience with a vw caddy tdi? it's a diesel engine , parts wise any diff from the normal VW ? does Servo service TDI ?

Any comments? thks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

BRudder,

The CAddy Tdi is the only model sold here that has the 1.9 Tdi block. Cant say much more than that ........suppose u'll have to ask guy from EuroVan abt that.....

[pirate][cool]

Hi Vass,

I have owned a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI in Austria. The engine block is used in the Caddy besides other VAG models. Parts are readily available at Xin Zhong. So far I have bought an oil filter for the TDI engine when it was due for oil change.

Maintenance should be similar to petrol cars. You do not need to change spark plugs though. I am not too sure whether Servo services TDI engines. It is best to consult them.

Additional comments:

1. The TDI engine is very torquey and frugal.

2. Watch your speed as it can hit the legal speed limit for LGVs very easily.

Are you keen to get one new VW Caddy TDI? The SDI version with full glass option is available in SG already. Not too sure when the TDIs will reach here.

post-22-1123255790_thumb.jpg

Edited by Koolaba

Neutral Newbie

Hi Koolaba,

thks for your comments, btw wats the diff betw sdi & tdi?

SDI is a 2l engine without turbocharger. TDI is a 1.9l engine with turbo charger. I've tried out both SDI and TDI engines before. TDI feels much better and is more frugal. However it is at least $3k more expensive than the SDI variant.

For more technical information, please consult the following link. You can switch between the SDI and TDI specs by toggling the engine type.

http://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/newcaddy/...eSpecifications

hows the 0-100 for that van? ever tried before? maybe can consider changing to van as they are using diesel. petrol is getting damn exp.

Hi Wilson,

Are you driving the Caddy with a hump behind? How old is it now? What is the HP of your engine? Does the engine come with individual (Pumpe Duse in German) injectors or the older design with distributed injection system (Verteilereinspritzer in German)?

Current local dealer is Cars and Cars Commercial Vehicle Division in Toa Payoh. The SDI version costs $38k in May. I am not sure about the current pricing. The current version comes with full glass option but the TDI version is still not here.

If you are keen, I can pass u the contact of the SE whom I have been in touch with.

Neutral Newbie

Well, i personally try this machines top be frank Opel Combo still better cos the hp is 100 as for this is only 70-75 hp.

But overall the look for interior and exterior is bigger and nicer.

Neutral Newbie

Earlier mail which i send im referring to new VW Caddy..

the HP is 70-75 as for the Opel Combo HP is 100

Thanks.

Hi Daren,

If you can wait for the Caddy TDI to come in, it is definitely a better buy than the Combo.

Max Power: 104ps/4000rpm

Max Torque: 250Nm/1900rpm

http://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/newcaddy/...eSpecifications

Finishing, storage volume and build quality wise, the Caddy beats the Combo hands down. The Caddy has triple layer rubber sealing on the doors while the Combo makes do with 1 layer.

For the Combo,

Max Power: 100ps/4400rpm

Max Torque: 240Nm/2300rpm

http://www.opel.at/page.asp?id=2003080813594464IMs

Neutral Newbie
hows the 0-100 for that van? ever tried before? maybe can consider changing to van as they are using diesel. petrol is getting damn exp.

The old caddy tdi wid the hump.

Stock bout 14s.

Add t-box may get u bout 11s.

Change nozzles alone also land u in 8-10s.(cos got few type of them)

add in chip get u in 7secs(normal)if get better mapping ecu of cos faster timing

can throw in bigger turbo,pumps.better clutches,short shift....(dun say greedy, each minus 0.3s can liao)

Best timing seen on mazagines (in usa are sub5s shocked.gif )but dunno what actual parts are changed.

But i sh|t thing bout tdi is lack of revs...cos 1900 to 4200 of rpm can land a slight mod in 8s....jus imgine if it hv as much revs as a petrol..as now is lesser rpm but timing bout there...if only there a way to make the engine hv 1k more of rev will be quite impressive as i think fellow forumities that drives know >1k in rpm can tear a vehicle jia lat .

Edited by Sgcop