14 km/L for Kelisa - Bad?

Anewuser

Neutral Newbie

if looking only as a 1L car den is bad. cos even 1.5L vios give 15km/l easily.

but FC is greatly depend on the driving pattern and road conditions.

hope other bros/sis can give u more advise. [nod]

Kelisa

How you worsen its FC!

1.) Auto or Manual.

2.) Original Rims? Stock 13", some change to 15" and widen by 10cm.

3.) Open pod? Or other mods for that matter.

4.) Lastly, heavy foot?

From all those I heard, changing rims upsize by 1" will reduce Fuel efficiency by about 1km/L - 2km/L. Open pod, E68, Monster, whatever, helps to up power, but it will affect FC too. Anyway, my ride is very much stock (other than the 14" rims that comes with it that time), FC average 17kpl with my best at 19.7kpl and worst at 14.7kpl.

Anyway, I do agreed Vios's FC is quite champion. If you can afford it and likes it outlook, I would definitely advise you to get it.

Not so good is how much? For me, 15km/L is considered bad. And it happens only twice so far. It is either rev too much, or taking passengers and reving too much. 1 passenger with acceptable BMI is still ok. But 2 normal sized passenger will really make the car feel sluggish and the driver wants to rev more.

Anyway, I drive easy now. Friend also say they notice the different. Because stopping the car with passenger is really harder, so rather safe than sorry.

Advice is get manual. It ain't fun driving an auto car and Kelisa's slogan is "engineered for fun". FC, do looked up the FC chart for this forum. 1 of it is my input. That 20km/L, don't who and how he does it.

Presently, I think the price about S$23900 and S$6900 (OPC), excluding COE.

The auto is very sluggish for me. The best will be going for a test drive for both auto and manual. The moment I have drive the auto test unit out of the showroom, I immediately U-turn and go back in [laugh] If you are those who prefer "spirited" driving, my advice to you is go for the manual. The gear ratio for the manual is pretty good for cruising. 5th gear at 100Km/h will set you to about 2600rpm as compared to others' like 3000~3200rpm. Good fuel economy.

Pls get manual for Kelisa, or you have to rev to at least 3500rpm just for adequate pick up.

No way can it upshift gears at 2000rpm like what I do for my 1.6l auto car.

Now that COE prices have dropped so much, I might end up with a bigger car, but I am in no hurry to commit.

I have spoken to industry sources and it is very likely that COE prices will drop further after this buying frenzy dies off.

Neutral Newbie
[bigcry] but i already put in the booking fee for auto kelisa, hope that is not so bad for power and FC. [smallcry] I should test drive before decide. At fist i want to look at the kia picanto, but last minute change mind to getting kelisa due to the spare part is cheaper in msia.
↡ Advertisement