Petrol consumption of Nissan Sunny 1.6 (Auto)

Wck168

Neutral Newbie

TC provide 2 years of free service which includes parts and labour for Sunny. They said that for the 10k servicing, they are using full syntectic oil. But dun know what brand le... Forgot to ask.

Anyway, maybe 100% city driving is like tat. My other colleauge who drove a Sunny with 70% cruising and 30% city is getting 11km per litre.

Another colleauge who is driving an Altis also does 100% city driving. He gets less than 10km per litre too. Another colleauge driving Altis with 70% cruising, 30% city is geeting 12.5km per litre.

Maybe city driving is the cause. [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

TC is using their inhouse syn oil call fasflo. 5w40.

u r right about free service including parts and labor. Don't even have to pay for anything.

Neutral Newbie

my sunny still running in... now only 1.1k km... at first i was getting 12km/litre for my manual car... after i install hurricane... drop to 10km/litre... realise fc is due to the rpm u change gear... try to change ard 2k rpm for best result... guess after install the filter i jus wack my car... fast but fc unfriendly... now even 2k rpm change the respond also better with the filter...

Any1 tried any of the fuel saving devices for sunny??

Hmm..lets c.. [rolleyes] we have..

voltage stabiliser (eg vstab etc)

broquet..

magnet.

grounding...

fuel charger

air charger..

etc...

[dizzy]

which 1 wks 4 u?

100% city driving FC sure sucks big time. Imagine ur 1.6L engine have to drag the heavy car body from 0km/hr to move & the process repeats @ each traffic lights/stops with the air con drawing power from the engine oso. My Optra's FC oso v.high cos sometimes the whole tank of petrol is used for 100% city driving with normally 2 passengers or more, air con usually ON.

But the pros are the solid chassis [flowerface] & a very comfortable ride [nod]

I have been in the N16 Sunny b4 & the ride comfort is as good as well [;)]

Edited by Atlantis_boi

why don't consider manual sunny

I drive 2005 sunny 1.6 manual, FC is 14~15km/liter(50% city, 50% express, air-con fan low speed), in malaysia NS expressway, its about 18km/liter, I drove from singapore to Cameroon Highlands only used 38liters(680km) [:)]

(edited)

Considering the similar CC car, what is the fuel consumption for the following cars:

1.6 Mitsubishi Lancer (Auto):

1.6 Suzuki Liana (Auto):

1.5 Honda City (Auto):

1.5 Toyota Vios:

1.6 Toyota Altis:

of course 1.6 Nissan Sunny: 10 -11KM / Litre

any guide on these?

Edited by Wck168

By the way, anyone knows what is the meaning of CVTC wording normally labelled directly under the ExXaloon wording?

Also on the other side, the word throlette?

Any one can throw some light on the above?

CVTC = Continuous Variable Valve Timing Control...meaning the engine has a cam phasing feature similar to Toyota's VVTi.

I think you mean ethrottle.

Throttle is a butterfly valve found in the air intake to the engine used for controlling the amount of air going into the engine. As the accelerator pedal is pressed, the butterfly opens. Normal cars use a cable connect to the throttle to operate it. For ethrottle, there is no physical cable, the pedal operates a variable resistor that transmits electrical signal to the ECU, which in turn sends appropriate voltage to drive a electric motor used to operating the butterfly....

Edited by Vtecc

Neutral Newbie

I'm driving the latest Nissan Sunny Super Saloon myself and fuel consumption is quite bad to me though. Average is at 10km/l where every quater is 100km and 400km total when the petrol light is up. My best effort was at 10.46km/l with revs up to 2.5 and less. 95Ron is recommended for the car though as 92 is more for the older cars where you don't bother with the engine anymore. My dad is a mechanic and he told me that 92 would shorten the life span of the engine. Toyota has a better fuel effiency of up to 30% compared to other competitors. Take for an example my dad's Toyota mark 2 which is a 2 litre car can have an average of 9.6/L. Cheers!

Neutral Newbie
Considering the similar CC car, what is the fuel consumption for the following cars:

1.6 Mitsubishi Lancer (Auto):

1.6 Suzuki Liana (Auto):

1.5 Honda City (Auto):

1.5 Toyota Vios:

1.6 Toyota Altis:

of course 1.6 Nissan Sunny: 10 -11KM / Litre

any guide on these?

My brother is using a toyota altis and he told me that it is averaging at 13km/l which is really good stuff!