Petrol consumption of Nissan Sunny 1.6 (Auto)

Wck168

Neutral Newbie

I've came across the recommendation of the magnet thing which you attach it to your fuel cord or something in your engine. Asked my dad to ask his workshop buddies around and found out that it would lead to many future problems like petrol leaks and spark plug misfiring and stuff so yeah not recommended. Haven't tried the bronquet thing though but seems rather impressive when i read it on the website

↡ Advertisement

Luckily read your message. If not my car will be in trouble if install with the magnet. Furthermore, not cheap.

Thank you so much. wink.gif

no prob. so far i managed to clock >13km/L on 2 occasions. Most of the time, the FC is between 12 to 12.5 though.

FC depends a lot on your driving style and the roads that you use. If you always make short trips, high chance your FC will be high. But if you travel long trips very often, your FC will be very good. If you are always caught in traffic, FC will not be low once again.

If you want, you may read reviews posted by owners in this forum by clicking on the "reviews" link at the top.

Neutral Newbie
Considering the similar CC car, what is the fuel consumption for the following cars:

1.6 Mitsubishi Lancer (Auto):

1.6 Suzuki Liana (Auto):

1.5 Honda City (Auto):

1.5 Toyota Vios:

1.6 Toyota Altis:

of course 1.6 Nissan Sunny: 10 -11KM / Litre

any guide on these?

My collegue was so fed-up with the FC of his cvvt sunny that he sold it

after 1.5 yrs. He claims that it gives him only 8plus km per liter. He

is a 45 yr old man who is super light footed. Maybe thats why as he never

travel fast enough to change to the final gear. [laugh]

He had since changed to a Wish and is happy at 10 km/liter

Neutral Newbie

no use changing to manual de la...

light foot is the onli way out.....

fuel saving gadgets are waste of $$$$

i'm running on 16" auto...i'm onli getting 8++km/litre...my onli way of saving $$, go JB pump.......

dun alwyas think of the bad pts, think of its good pt, a v comfy and stable car, high end not bad, price is cheap..around 58k for a new car.....

Edited by Ahdi

Neutral Newbie

Actually what Ahdi said is really true. Been driving the Sunny Auto for almost 2 years now and has been pretty satisfied with the performance. Its great among corners whereby you could easily turn at 70 without much difficulty. This i believe is its heavy weight and the OEM tires are great. I was driving the old sunny before (the one famous for its green colour) and though its acceleration was fantastic but turning wise is horrible as its pretty light. As for the brakes if you notice clearly that only the front wheels are equipped with disc brakes whereas the rear tires are on drum brakes. The Altis has 4 disk brake calipers so you might one to consider that part. However, i must say i don't have much difficulty bringing the car to a halt even at high speed (like 100km/h to stop). Space wise i find its one of the best among its class of prices where rear seats have acceptable leg-room. Moreover if you compare the specification in terms of acceleration, it has one of the best 0-100km/h at 11.5 secs second to the honda civic vti version. The Sunny's manual version is impressive with 10.5secs for its 0-100. In conclusion, go for the test drives and once you're comfortable with that car it would be the one for you. Afterall, a car that you're in love with is the car you'll be happily committed. Cheers! [thumbsup]

Really so jia lut.. Then I better reconsider when the petrol price is so expensive these days...

i drove the older version for 3.5 yrs, means 4.5 years ago already. FC was 10km/l. and it was a 1.5L auto. stayed in tampines during that time and most routes are expressways. i will NEVER recommend ppl to buy tt car. it use to be very good, 2 models before mine (high backside one, abt 7-8 yrs ago i think). until and unless something changes, why would u wan to have such FC if a 2L car does the same amount? my 2L is now giving me abt 9km/l. if i stay lightfooted plus more expressways, i hit 11km/l. u do the sums, its not worth it. heard tt corolla is much much better.

Neutral Newbie

Going to JB to pumpis quite a hassle, with all those jams. But for your info, my 3/4 tank (Sunny EX-1.6 Auto) can only accomodate 80km worth of fuel. Whereas, my colleauge's Altis 3/4 tank can accomodate 180km worth of fuel.

Looks like the tank design for Sunny is a pyramid shape, and Altis have a diamond shape. Those planning to go often to JB should get one with a diamond shape. Cheers.

[drivingcar][drivingcar][drivingcar]

I'm driving the latest Nissan Sunny Super Saloon myself and fuel consumption is quite bad to me though. Average is at 10km/l where every quater is 100km and 400km total when the petrol light is up. My best effort was at 10.46km/l with revs up to 2.5 and less. 95Ron is recommended for the car though as 92 is more for the older cars where you don't bother with the engine anymore. My dad is a mechanic and he told me that 92 would shorten the life span of the engine. Toyota has a better fuel effiency of up to 30% compared to other competitors. Take for an example my dad's Toyota mark 2 which is a 2 litre car can have an average of 9.6/L. Cheers!

My 2L Stream is giving me an avg. of 12km/l. Manage to get >13km/l on at least 2 occasions. Your claim of Toyota engines is not exactly accurate. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

nah nah, my best record is 160km on 3/4 of petrol, steal chicken a bitm between 3/4 and half tank, 200-220km no problem.

anyway, sometimes i go in empty tank, never mod my fuel gauge, but alwyas heng never check.....but if got drop by woodlands i will go in and pump lo......

sunny fuel tank is not of pyramid shape, but its below a car wif a long piping up to the entry, so after first clickm u hafta pump slowly, another $10 is no problem....

Neutral Newbie

mines 50litre, but i still pump in JB, 3/4 tank can give me around RM25....saving $13.

yep yep yep.....

u r???