Radiator leaking, 323 owners pls help!

Laser

Neutral Newbie

My 3 yr Ford Laser is having some leaking at the bottom of the radiator. Any idea besides changing a new radiator, what alternatives can I take.

And how much is a new radiator.

Thanks

Laser

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

It is from the radiator itself, the black bottom plastic cover of the radiator. But the leak now is very minor.

Laser

Since it is already three years old,it is best to do a pressure test to detemine whether there is other about-to-leak locations. If the leak is not due to corrossion but peeling off of botton tank due to poor sealing ( plastic type ) or dry soldering then doing minor repair is worth the time and effort.

Neutral Newbie

Mileage just past 70,000km. The problem is about 2 months ago there is a leakage in aluminum tube within the radiator for cooling of the ATF oil, and it cause the ATF oil to split into my radiator.

Sent to Stamford for rectify and they suggust changing only the aluminum tube. And that cost me $350! Now this problem, so I suspect they did not do a good job.

Anyway how much will it cost for a new radiator ?

Laser

My 3 yr Ford Laser is having some leaking at the bottom of the radiator. Any idea besides changing a new radiator, what alternatives can I take.

And how much is a new radiator.

Thanks

Laser

if its leaking via the bottom rubber hose, juz change the hose.

If radiator, think possible to mend the leak.

Bring it back to them and see what they say.

Now that you mention that work has been done, i think it would most likely be a bad job on their part. Esp since they had to open the rad to do the work on the ATF cooler bits.