Soft99 Fusso 12-month water repellant

Ghoonk

Neutral Newbie

bro, you have just made my day :)

guess my routine just got easier. fusso every fortnight, SG every alternate fortnight [idea]

↡ Advertisement

[sweatdrop][dead]

Damn siong leh...i usually do Autoglym twins / Klasse twins in one week followed by Fusso on the next.

Then can wait long long (heh heh heh - okay lar 3 mths) b4 re-applying...

SOuthpark

The dude

Neutral Newbie

cannot lah. my hands very itchy one. every week sure need to do up the car swee swee one. maybe this week i try and stick to a nice shampoo only, and clean up stubborn dirt areas

Neutral Newbie

hi .. i am currently using Klasse AIO and SG...

been hearing a lot about the Fusso coat... so decided to buy the Fusso 9-month.

planning to use it with the AIO .. doing the AIO + fusso combi ... anyone got any advice?? .. [laugh]

bro Ghoonk, so you are using AIO + SG + FUSSO?? [wave]

Neutral Newbie

I am using Fusso 12-month for my sister's car as it does not get washed very often. the base prepa is still AIO and SG, and I've found no adverse effects from this combo

personally, the combo I am using is AIO + SG + SG + SG + Pinnacle Souvean and this is working out for me brilliantly (pun intended). The AIO and SG form a superb base that prevents contaminants from getting even to the clearcoat layer, and the carnauba provides superior protection against water (beading is superb) and contaminants. However, as my car is parked outdoors in the West area, carnauba survives only 2 weeks at best (I've made it a point to apply a fresh layer every week.

Fusso is good is you do not want to spend too much time, and as always, a good prep is important. AIO + Fusso should be a good bet for you if you are not too particular about having to hide swirl marks, etc, otherwise you should use a good polish to perfect the surface paint as best as you can before using AIO to prep for wax/sealant.

Neutral Newbie

hi Bro, thanks for the note.

your last sentence "you should use a good polish to perfect the surface paint as best as you can before using AIO to prep for wax/sealant",

do you mean that i should polish the car first? me a bit confused [dizzy]

I intend to do the following

1. Wash the car (remove the dust, grin with water first, then shampoo a bit)

2. Clay bar (just bought the claybar this morning [bounce2]

3. AIO

4. Fusso 9 month coat (or should i SG first?) ..

anything wrong huh? [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Yup, IMHO, that is the right way to do it.

Doesn't have to be too complicated, but if you have marring and swirl marks, you will want to consider using a swirl mark / scratch remover to polish off or hide the scratches and swirl marks before you apply AIO.

AIO in this case is best used as a surface prep. I am not entirely sure if there are better products for surface prep out there, but AIO has been the most effective and easiest to use. :)

Neutral Newbie

This is what I had try and it works beautifully.

1) Wash

2) Claybar

3) AIO

4) SG

5) Soft99 WaterProof Wax

The Waterproofing is still working after 3 weeks and hope that it will stay on the car like what the product said--- 3mths.

The Soft99 WaterProof Wax is much better than the Fusso.

I still see the water rolling down the bonnet effortlessly everytime it rains. and I enjoy it so much that I always pour a small bucket of water over the car just to see if the waterproof wax still on the car and [:)][thumbsup] everytime I do that.

Neutral Newbie

As there's 2 cars at home so I also try to do a comparision and apply this on the other car

1) Wash

2) Claybar

3) Fusso 3 mths

4) Soft99 WaterProof Wax

So this save me one step as Fusso 3 mths contain cleaning effect and provide selant just like the AIO and SG

It works just as well as Soft99 Wax over the SG.

Neutral Newbie

bro, maybe your requirements and mine are different. I'm obsessed about having NO marring on the car at all, and beading and protection are only part of the equation. As for use of wax on top of SG, it works, but the wax doesnt stay on as long as if you had applied it to a prepped surface since it doesnt have a chance to bond.

still, i believe you should go with whatever works for you. each individual has his/her own levels/standards of acceptance, and if the system that you have works for you, then two thumbs up :)

your method is a very straightforward system, easy to apply and maintain, and not too time-consuming. good for people who do not want to spend more then 2 hours to complete.

Neutral Newbie

When u said "As for use of wax on top of SG, it works, but the wax doesnt stay on as long as if you had applied it to a prepped surface since it doesnt have a chance to bond."

Does that means that I must apply the Wax directly on the car surface immediately after claybar and polish?

Do that means that if its apply over any selant , the wax will not bond together and will not last as long as applying directly to the car surface?

Neutral Newbie

The 'correct' way to use wax would be, for the first application,

1. wash

2. claybar

3. pre-wax treatment aka surface prep (I'd go with Swissol, else AIO in a pinch)

4. then no more than 3 layers of wax

this would be it optimal durability and depth, and if you use a good carnauba, you'll find the optical clarity jaw-droppingly impressive.

Once the base layer is applied, you can top-up once a week, or once a fortnight, depending on how meticulous you want to be with the maintenance. The other alternative would be to leave it alone, and wash with water and wax-friendly car shampoo (or just water only) once a week, and observe how durable the wax is

Different brands of carnauba wax offer different levels of durability, and if protection is what you are after, this would be a good way to find out how often you need to top-up.

If what you want is the killer shine and protection is 2nd priority, then you may not need to get expensive waxes like Swissol or Pinnacle -- soft99 Authentic Premium ($68 from Autobacs) or Authentic Gold ($19 from Autobacs) will suffice -- and you just do your weekly wash and top-up a layer of wax. For the more hardcore, you can do this once on the weekend and once mid-week. [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Don't worry, it works pretty well. tried it myself. Only gripe is that wax isn't compatible with Fusso, so Fusso becomes your only choice for the top layer. You can get away with topping up once a month probably, and the protection is good considering it's so easy to apply and buff off, not to mention that Fusso is quite cheap. :)

Neutral Newbie

thanks mate !!! .. :)

waiting for a good time to do the final "combo" ..AIO + SG + FUSSO 9 month.. hahah .. sounds like King of Fighters.. [bounce1]

ya .. fusso 9 month quite cheap ... got it at about SGD 22 ..

I would comment that Fusso 12mths is pretty good compared to EGP. Its as shiny and yet easier to use; cos no need to wait for at least an hour.thumbsup.gifsunny.gif Price wise if not wrong still cheaper than EGP sly.gif

Neutral Newbie

thanks for the note..

haven't had the chance to do it ..

past few weekends, it has been raining [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement