Automatic fold side mirror & auto tilt when in reverse gear

Snoopy44

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Anybody knows where to install automatic fold side mirror & auto tilt when reverse gear is engaged? Wonder if these options are available?

Rgds

Snoopy

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

ya true they do have exactly what Snoopy is looking for.

I installed auto mirror fold in my Altis.

as for the mirror tilt while reverse gear is engaged, only the left side mirror is activated.

ya true they do have exactly what Snoopy is looking for.

I installed auto mirror fold in my Altis.

as for the mirror tilt while reverse gear is engaged, only the left side mirror is activated.

Wow, I didn't knew such function exist.tongue.gif I'd guess it will be a very useful function to have......no need those stick-on blind-spot mirror liao. rolleyes.gif

Neutral Newbie

in a way is useful for those drivers who rely very much on left side mirror but....

after a while when too used to it and when driving someone's car without these features... [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

i only installed the auto mirror fold. it will activate once i press the LOCK button on the car alarm remote control. cost $60 and 1hr job.

For me, the main thing is to automatic fold the side mirrors. Normally, this is an option in most car models but a lot of car dealers did not offer them for cost reason. With parking space so small in Singapore, you will have less chance of your side mirrors getting knock or scratch. The auto tilt is more of a by-product from the auto fold side mirror function. Like you have said, the little mirror that get sticked onto the side mirrors will do the job nicely.

I am getting a new car next week and the car dealer also did not offer the auto fold side mirror function so I will be also interested in getting this as an after-marker mod.

Talking about those small mirror, I've bought it about 1 month ago but haven't stick it on yet.tongue.gif

Where on the side mirror did you placed the small mirror? I'm think of placing it at the lower side near the car body, cos I think the tip of the side mirror further from the car body may be useful, so better not place it there.......what's your advise?

Neutral Newbie

the only criteria for this installation is yr car must have the motor to fold the mirrors when u manually press the button to fold.

Sorry for jumping in. I am also sticking the mirror at the lower part that is near the car. I found that it is less distracting on the view.

Edited by Chimp

Thanks for your comment. Guess my thinking is correct.smile.gif

Do you find those small mirror useful? They are basically meant for the drivers to see the parking lines on the ground, right?

I am a bit confuse here. Do you mean the car's side mirrors will have to have the motors already? I know the car that I am getting has this autofold function in the JDM models but this function will not be available from the authorized dealer in my car. So, in my case, can I still install this autofold function?