Automatic fold side mirror & auto tilt when in reverse gear

Snoopy44

For merc, no prob for spares at junk yards for older models.

Jap cars >3 years, they start to bring in as most cars r scrapped in japan when it reaches 3 years.

Cars less than 3 years sud not have mechanical problems unless they r from thai, & even then most defects sud b covered by the warranty.

For very new parts, u can even try to order from overseas, online. U might b surprised they r much cheaper than buying from agents locally. The mark-up here is crazy.

↡ Advertisement

I find the image in the convex mirror too small, especially at night to see anything.

I might consider taking them out as soon as possible. sly.gif

When I park I find it easier to move my head to see the white lines of the parking lot in the side mirrors.

The small mirrors r actually supposed to cover the blind spot when overtaking & such.

I was hoping those small mirror can help me see the kerb on my left side, cos that's the problem area. Right side no problem cos view is OK.

As for checking rear view before overtaking, I have a big clip-on mirror (320 mm) for rear view, and it covers alot of area. sly.gif

Neutral Newbie

I called sebastian up today and he quoted me 80 bucks for the module and installation. The module seems to be a circuit box which controls the angle of tilt and also to cut off the power supply after fully retract or extention so as not to drain ur batt.

Seems quite ex still leh. maybe go JB see got cheaper alternative or not.

Btw, these shop mainly serves toyota wish as the boss is a wish club member.

Neutral Newbie
Look for Sebastian h/p: 91719988

Wish Werks Pte Ltd

110 Paya Lebar Rd

S'pore Warehouse

Hi Gangofg,

Thanks for the reply. I did not get a chance to be online since my post yesterday... Just manage to get on the computer as I was super busy with work today... Please pardon me la... dun meant to be rude.... :-)

I will try to give Wish Werks a call and see if it is possible to be installed on my car...

Rgds

Snoopy

this sunday me and my friends will try to DIY this, according to him, its just a relay where u need to tap the power from the mirror folding switch(tap one from fold out n one from fold in then link it to your alarm ), will post pic here if we are successful.

sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

he say that as long as your car is equip wif electronic folding function, shouldnt be a problem to tap the power, onbly thing is to get the right relay for this.smile.gif

wish me luck in trying thissly.gif

Neutral Newbie

Snoopy fren,

no problem lar jus to hav a little light moment at that time.......

so wats yr new car ?? when u collecting????

Neutral Newbie

hi Traillar

80 bucks is only for the mirror tilt??

btw, Seb is one of the bosses of the Wish Werks, also the moderator of the WISH forum.

Neutral Newbie

ya mus come stock wif the FOLD function.....

maybe(i'm not sure) they can mod it even yrs didn't hav....

try give them a call to find out more