Fake Goods in the market

Headshok

i also duno man..

this one DAMM touchy issue with many pple..

i got fake RF speakers.. look damm real... everything.. but turn out fake.. sians..

aniway.. just a warnin to all in MCF la.. how to differenciate.. i also duno man..

Neutral Newbie

In tat case better avoid Focal for a while.... since can't tell if it's real. Thankyou again for sharing info.

does Focal have a distributor? if have, then can ask distributor to clarify the serial numbers for the real stuff. best to buy from shop which takes from the distributor

if not, really troublesome liao... [sweatdrop]

if u r ICE enthusiast, u should be able to spot the difference in the sound quality.

but i think there a lot of newbies out there who just buy the most exp/branded speakers they can lay their hands on. these pp will prob be at great risk

haha..

i tink focal got distributor.. aniway.. another scary thing is.. these fakes carry 'correct serial numbers'.. but just that all of them the same..

not all the fakes are high end, guess its too risky as confirm can hear difference..

most of the fakes is the mid range and entry level.. cos harder to detect.. plus pple will think "value for money"

Neutral Newbie

>>i tink focal got distributor.. aniway.. another scary thing is.. these fakes carry 'correct serial numbers'.. but just that all of them the same.. >>

Think Focal in Sg no distributor, all goods from malaysia. Hope that I am wrong and someone knows otherwise, pls let us know here. From I checked out, even those so call focal authorised dealers seldom hold higher end focal stock.

haha.. just get from authorized dealer lor...

think safest..

get from parallel imports, then there's where the doubts come in..

tat time my fake speakers were parallel imports.. then were "export sets".. sian diao lor..i tot" wah.. so cheap.. power". then buy.. then next ting i noe, someone in ICE forum come and msg me abt it.. then end up fake.. tamade..

but anyway.. use them for my rear.. so.. not much difference..

Last week, I saw AE had a HUGE shipment of FOCAL speakers. I don't really know if they were the real stuff though...

By the way, sometime back I was interested in MB Quartz speakers but also held back because they had fakes. Darn... what are they gonna think of next? HUs?

I saw the info note from Focal as well and was surprised to see the operation mounted by Malaysia's side. I understand that the Focal distributor is based in M'sia, not S'pore. That will mean local dealer might have gotten the stocks thru the regional distributor in M'sia. Since the serial numbers are identical with the actual one, there isn't any way to find out though.

I have gotten mine from a local installer and so far, was a bit apprehensive at the beginning but trust that the local dealers are honest enough, cross my finger.

Perhaps its a good announcement though, now more people are aware of fake Focal in market, Focal sales in M'sia and S'pore will drop, does it mean that the highly-priced Focal will have no choice but to adjust their price tag as well?

Perhaps share with you here that based on what I know and heard, only Focal Utopia and K2 Power are manufactured in France, the range lower than that could have been assembled elsewhere or the material was made elsewhere for all we know, China???

Older Focal speakers should be safe I suppose. But only the sound quality can tell for now. Mine has been serving me well, especially having running it for more than 100 hours already.

If we are not talking about the Focal Utopia Beryllium that comes with a crossblock and cost around $3000+, the older 2-way Utopia line should cost you not more than $1300 without installation while the K2 power's K2P series should cost $950 - $1000 and not more/less; the "younger bro" just below that of the K2P series, which is the KF series should cost $700 to $850 and not more/less. It is pretty difficult to find the older series now though.

I have mine installed off Bukit Timah earlier this year and I trust that my installer will not resort to such low class act to jeopardise the saturated and competitive car audio business in S'pore.

I have seen the Focal at AEe but can't comment how they can risk bringing whatever high quantity when the market for Focal in S'pore is not that high and fast selling. My installer wouldn't take up so much stock because of the sales it goes per month is slow (because the price tag is pretty pocket-burning).

It's best to research before you commit speakers of any branding.

Neutral Newbie

>>If we are not talking about the Focal Utopia Beryllium that comes with a crossblock and cost around $3000+, >>

Focal Be N 7 with crossover est $5,000.00+-

Neutral Newbie

True the listed price for Focal Be N7 w/o crossover is Euro 1,600 which around 3.3K SGD. And the one with crossover block which comes in a suitcase will cost around 5K.

Sarong1, pse share the lobang of the shop which you have asked cos at 3K for full set w crossover is definetly a GOOD GOOD BUY.

dear all, as for if the Focal is really real, think best is check if the dealer/installer has "dealer cerf" and the serial no. the other way is take the nos and check with Focal...

suggest that all deal with reputable installer and avoid disappointment. I happen to know at least 3 bros who had or currently in process of installing Focal Be N7 andI cant wait to hear them inlove.gif...

↡ Advertisement