Fake Goods in the market

Headshok

Perhaps I have heard wrongly, correct me if I am wrong, the last I heard is AE "was" selling at $3K. Has the price been adjusted upwards already?

Anyhow, after my first Focal speakers, I have stopped buying from S'pore already, I went outsourcing.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

If you can verify that the products you got from a shop is fake, isn't it a simple matter of asking money back from the shop? Because if they don't, can get the police to raid the shop for fake or imitation goods.

haha.. just get from authorized dealer lor...

think safest..

get from parallel imports, then there's where the doubts come in..

tat time my fake speakers were parallel imports.. then were "export sets".. sian diao lor..i tot" wah.. so cheap.. power". then buy.. then next ting i noe, someone in ICE forum come and msg me abt it.. then end up fake.. tamade..

but anyway.. use them for my rear.. so.. not much difference..

Neutral Newbie

The price you mentioned is sure a good good buy (even without cross over). The closest listed price (w/o installation) found in the france website was 1,600 euros (or close to 3,500 SGD). The one with cross over block was listed as 2.5 - 2.6K euros (or 5.5K SGD) on the same site.

Personally dont think AE is quoting at that price which you have mentioned (around 3K).

So you gotten the focal from AE - but why now stop getting stuff in SG.

I think that most installer/agents is SG is carrying genuine products.

Cheers..

Edited by Autwin

Neutral Newbie

>>Perhaps I have heard wrongly, correct me if I am wrong, the last I heard is AE "was" selling at $3K. Has the price been adjusted upwards already?

Anyhow, after my first Focal speakers, I have stopped buying from S'pore already, I went outsourcing. >>

Jusr found another place which selling Authorised agent set for Focal BE N7. Sharre lobang with you........Hong Guan selling N7 without crossover for $2950 before GST/INSTALLATION. With Crossover is est $5,000.00. AGENT SET!!!! Look for Thomas

Disclaimer: Pls don't ask me how much for DIY hor [pirate] , anyone keen [inlove] can call them direct, I not link to them or anything, just share good info only [smash]

Firstly, I am not yet impressed by AE, therefore my system did not come from them. Bro Slonez has a part to play in my system and i think he is most glad to share his view. Slonez hor sly.giflaugh.gif

Autwin, good question which I have an answer for you ready. Now, if you can get it cheaper out-country while assured that the items are genuine, which option will you choose then? Its not a matter of not supporting the local industries, at the end of the day, I will still need to get it installed locally right and its a matter of saving hundreds of dollars.

You may be right, the "$3k" I heard that time could have been without the crossblock, age is catching up, can't recall much already, thanks for highlighting.

Now, I also agree and believe that local dealers are honest and will not commit the same despicable act as those mentioned in the links provided earlier on.

But having heard and said so much about fakes, I will still choose Focal for the years to come. The quality speaks for itself.

Cheers and hope to catch up at the Nasi Padang, has been 2 mths since I last visited, a lot of interesting things must have happened to some of our members' car there. smile.gif

It will definitely cost that much, N7 is a 3-way compo and pricing it at under $3k without crossover is just about market rate already too, the K3P under K2 Power already cost about $1.5K.

So that will mean the crossblock cost $2k thereabout. Hmm, interesting.hur.gif

Bro, you should know that end of the year is ESPECIALLY busy for me and Pat...want to attend also can't squeeze out the time. I should make my presence felt in Nov. Meantime, me working towards a 3-way pricy compo set. Be patient my young padawan...

end of yr got wat? PATS inspection ah? haha..

nov i will be MIA for awhile.. heheh..

aniway.. me should be changin my woofers.. heheheh.. plannin for RE.. goin to kick ass soon.. heheh

Hey,

It's been a long time. Can't wait to hear your "classified 3 way", [;)]

My car still kosong but in phase 1 progress. [laugh] Hopefully can get it up by next week.

Kwongwing also got project in progress, damn eager to check his out when its completed. [nosebleed]

Bro Headshok dying to blow his car apart..... [laugh]

I haven't been too active cos busy & travelling, hope to see you soon!

haha.. wah lau.. say i until like that.. hahaha..

when ur OZ is up.. must let me listen. heheh.. my helix, gettin on my nerves liao.. hahaha..

Hahaha, be patient.

A friend from Jakarta told be a car equipped with OZ component & subs came in 1st at the recent IASCA competition there, I also curious & gan chiong [nosebleed][sweatdrop] .

Don't ask me 1st for which category, I don't know.

[laugh]

Edited by Slonez

haha..

u noe the OZ sub ah.. knn.. saw another pic on Ebay.. KAN PUA BIG MAN.. the 10 " one.. but my heart set on RE.. hahaha.. damm man..

go get ah heng to kin kin rig up the OZ in ur car.. very fast one lor.. haha..

Very good, glad to hear that there's been so mucn of progress lately...

But at the end of the day, pls dun forget the real objective behind getting those pocket burning system up, pamper yourself by enjoying your setup. I believe you should spend 75% of the time listening and 10% of the time understanding and 15% of the time researching and enriching.

Cheers to you people

Neutral Newbie
It will definitely cost that much, N7 is a 3-way compo and pricing it at under $3k without crossover is just about market rate already too, the K3P under K2 Power already cost about $1.5K.

So that will mean the crossblock cost $2k thereabout. Hmm, interesting.hur.gif

Ya, the crossover certainly cost a bomb, best combo is with Thesis, swee sswee..... [inlove]

Can share whats the character of the older range of Focal 165kf tat you r using?

↡ Advertisement