Fake Goods in the market

Headshok

The K2 Power replaces the older K2 series with what is claimed better materials and construction. Note that the crossover is also slightly different from that of the older "line" series.

Focal has been known to be bright, reproduces human voice remarkably and the mid-bass is tight as well. The "brightness" originated from the tweeter but just placing the tweeter on the dashboard can already make the sound stage quite amazingly already. Of course, that is provided the Focal I have gotten must be installed by the right person with the right know-how and quality cables.

No doubt that the Focal is one of the best speakers around in the market, worth every single bit of the money you spend and its a long term investment as well. Re-sale market is always there.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
Last week, I saw AE had a HUGE shipment of FOCAL speakers. I don't really know if they were the real stuff though...

By the way, sometime back I was interested in MB Quartz speakers but also held back because they had fakes. Darn... what are they gonna think of next? HUs?

AE is the distributor for many brands and many country. Think whole market already know about it. They are from big organisation.Somemore they have many contracts for year 2006.

To me, i find more safe to buy from them because i saw their stuffs all with shipping document paste on the box. It from principle directly. After i read more about them in sgsoudsystem. i found more confident with them.

Er/jude told me that to let peoples know they are all orginal. They rather to paste all the shipping document on the box.Even though they are trying to hide they are the distributor for many brands. But they got no choice for the current situation.

Their QTYs sure bigger than all the accssories shop. Because so many contracts and distributionship.

Why try to hide when they are the distributor? They should be proud to be one in the first place, it is very difficult to win the distributorship for the "so many brands" that they carry. hur.gif

I am neutral with AE, but the many rumours that I have heard is a justification that they are definitely a some organisation in S'pore audio market. They used to operate a shop in SLT before right? Is the shop still there or they have changed name and shifted to the current location? If so, why change name? Somebody pls enlighten me...

Neutral Newbie

Sarong1,

Perhaps the best way is for yourself to take a look at AE on their product and ask bit more. + audit pp who has their setup done at AE (example Focal Utopia Be). Just to share, I have seen goods been delivered to AE. All the shipment orginated from the manufacturer (example Audison/Hertz, Focal, PHD...) and they come with the security seal and shipment invoice of the manufacturer.

On their distributorship - there must be reasons why they prefer to keep low profile. And they does have distributorship for a number of established brands ... this i suggest to drop by and talk to the guys there and i am sure you would be "surprise".

Not sure if AE operate a shop in SLT. But one thing for sure their stuff are genuine and best of all it is CHEAP as compared to many established installer/audio shop.

Another thing is that I could not understand is why are certain consumers (not directed to you) are complaining that AE or anyone is selling stuff at such a good pricings. While it logical to worry that it may be fake but perhaps we should also question why are other pp selling so expensive.

yeah i can vouch for what autwin said as i've bought a couple of audison amps and organised a group buy for that before. for audison amps case, they offer gd customer service, after sales service n most importantly fantastic prices. totally opposite of shops in sls/slt that sells audison stuff. 3 cheers for AE. [bounce1]

Autwin, I must applaud AE for making so much supporters within these few years. It was not an easy feat. Of course, customers are like bees, flocking to wherever cheap and good to get what we like and want best and still keep it within the budget, which in today's market is not easy and pretty competitive. AE must have its strong marketing sales to win over so many supporters, this I can't deny. Looking at the nos of threads promoting on behalf of AE, I can already tell, MCF is flooded by AE supporters already. At the end of the day, as long as you are happy with what you have spent, the story ends there. sunny.gif

Neutral Newbie

the way you talk sound like you are the one of the accessories shop or distributor. Because it very obvious that you are anti -AE.

i'm friend of Er/Jude. i very sure their organisation base is in oversea not the local small accessories shop or SLT/SLS. And nothing related with any SLS/SLT .

i know they try to be humble in the market.

Why they gained such a big customers base. Why other shops never think about why DIY forums can be so success if the prices in the Singapore market is right.

if distributor direct selling. It good for every customers like us. i also will stop buying things from ebay.

Neutral Newbie

as a customer. Of course we want the cheap and after sales service. i believe if they didn't gave warranty on speakers( one to one exchange ). Think we still can't get the warranty on speaker even the sets are from local distributor. Peoples always said speaker is not cover by warranty.

In fact nobody to act like a fan of AE. Only stand and tell the true if there something are not true.

Neutral Newbie

Sarong1,

know not how many years AE is in but know that they give value for money prices. in fact many pp go to them becos of their value for prices through words of mouths/forums. Not sure what marketing they have done this far. but i felt that their main marketing is "their value for money concept". i have seen many bros who ended at AE becos they had been "carroted" so much at some established installers. while customer may flock becos of "cheapness" but today many are informed consumer who know what is value for money is the best (not just simply "cheap").

like what DivX mentioned, many spoke out becos of facts and not becos we are jus supporter or fans. pp are not promoting on behalf of AE but i see more of sharing good lobangs. i guess you have also agreed that the truth is the "package" or product which is offered by AE is definitely value for money.

i believe, any installer/agents who can provide same or better service (aftersale) and prices, they will have many "supporters". many like me will definitely post such lobangs to share if come across such shops to share cos this is the purpose of the fourms.

while stories may have an end, but like all consumers - i am alway hoping for something better and hoping that someone who can do better to offer us "consumer" better services/prices. cos we all going to have another car someway down the road right...

Edited by Autwin

"cos we all going to have another car someway down the road right... "

yeah... speaking of which... .... hahahahahaha... shopping for whoever can provide cheaper prices for pioneer n focal stuff. pls share....

Neutral Newbie

i went to SLT to do a window shopping. Found their Focal serial number same as the fake focal serial number in the Focal website . So scary. Some of the accessories shop also.

Divx, first of all, I find it interesting that you have "heard" me "talk" before. Your reply to me is not friendly at all, double reading it once more, it appears to be hostile and by your one msg alone speak for itself that there seems to be some "if you are not for AE, you are anti-AE".

Let me clarify your msg in points:

1. "the way you talk sound like you are the one of the accessories shop or distributor."

I am not related to any installer, audio shop, accessories shop or any kind you may think. Read my past messages on-line in this forum and dig for yourself evidences to suggest I am from or affiliated to any shops. Bros that know me well will know which line I am in.

2. "...it very obvious that you are anti -AE."

I am clearly affected by this statement you post here in MCF, how many more people have you labelled them as "anti-AE or you have intention to do so? Which part of my messages so far STATE that I am against AE. If you have read my messages before and read it well enough, you will know that I am "not yet impressed" and "I am neutral". If AE can't "impress" me, that is my own view and my own problem, even if you are trying to win me over, I think your approach is terribly wrong if I am a newbie to this forum.

I will have this message of yours written under your nickname "Divx" in My Car Forum dated as of the message date, saved and printed to protect my own interest.

Edited by Sarong1

While it logical to worry that it may be fake but perhaps we should also question why are other pp selling so expensive.

Errrr... brother. The "other ppl" are not really selling it expensive. It's just that AE wants to earn less. Take my case, for example... My good friend in SLS quoted me $XXX for a particular model of amp that I have been scouting for. I know his pattern (Usually $20 profit only). AE sold me the same model, $8 less PLUS free installation. After seeing the amount of work these guys do to install an amp into my car, I feel bad (For the industry in the whole, and for the guys too).

Case no 2. I went AE again yesterday to install a pair of component speakers in my car. AE quoted $60 (Which I initially felt was costly but I chose to stick with them as they are familiar with my cable layout. They were the ones who did the initial cable lay anyway!). While I know there are other shops out there who will be willing smash the quotation I have on hand, I chose to stick to AE one more time. It took 2 guys (Including me, 3 guys!) 4 goddamn hours to get everything done! Now I feel bad again....

Good Job AE!

Neutral Newbie

Cool it, bro [sweatdrop]

I can understand your frustration [nod] But maybe to give these guys n urself a chance, will you like to share with us here, "Whats it takes for a local accessories shop to impress you or to so call win you over?" [confused]

Cheers man, we are here to make friends [grouphug] through music and forum, not enemies [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

bro, Sarong is not from acessorries shop la, don worry too much la. [cool]

I understand what u mena the time when the big shipment of Focal goods came i was also there. Whole Continer, man! [shocked] From direct source "Electroxxxxxxxx" shipment [pirate]

To make your point clearer, Audioedge is not the many brands of distrutor in Singapore but in many others copuntries like Indonesia, Malaysis, Taiwan, Hongkong, Japan.....

And since they import in Bulk and direct from souce,their cost is lower and thus can give more value for $$ goods to end consumer like us [thumbsup] And thats also why Audioedge has so many loyal fans [grouphug] despite only open for less than a year here.

Neutral Newbie
"cos we all going to have another car someway down the road right... "

yeah... speaking of which... .... hahahahahaha... shopping for whoever can provide cheaper prices for pioneer n focal stuff. pls share....

Speaking of cars, when your new car coming [confused] and whats going to be your big project????