Fake Goods in the market

Headshok

Neutral Newbie
Another thing is that I could not understand is why are certain consumers (not directed to you) are complaining that AE or anyone is selling stuff at such a good pricings. While it logical to worry that it may be fake but perhaps we should also question why are other pp selling so expensive.

Swee point!!!! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

I am not frustrated at all, have not lose my cool for years to come and won't make it happen just because of some statements. But I stand by my principle and have never sway by any rumours, no matter how real they may sound. Moderators will know who is peaceloving while who is not.

Here is a forum where people are free to share their views and ideas and what not, not here to label and corner somebody virtually without first finding out and reading views carefully.

If in the process of making statement and the vicious statement is directed at me, I will make no effort to clarify my point and stand.

I have not come around to tell you who can impress me or has done so. To me, there is always a price tag to everything, it all depends whether we are resourceful enough to source for it.

My bottomline, don't shoot msg across anyhow and damage people's presence in this MCF. wink.gif

Sarong,

Cool bro!

Everyone entitled to his own opinion so let it be.

Anyway, when you coming down to our TCSS session? Next week a good time for you? Must check out your new setup [thumbsup] .

Cool it, bro [sweatdrop]

I can understand your frustration [nod] But maybe to give these guys n urself a chance, will you like to share with us here, "Whats it takes for a local accessories shop to impress you or to so call win you over?" [confused]

Cheers man, we are here to make friends [grouphug] through music and forum, not enemies [flowerface]

Hey put yourself in his shoes and maybe you'll see where he's coming from. Its tiring enough having to read they are good, they are professional blahh blah blahh in every other thread. This is not the first time similar exchanges have happened. We don't need this kind of overzealous behaviour. This is a forum, they are bound to be differing viewpoints, why get so f**king anal, ya catch my drift... [pirate] peace.... [rolleyes]

I totally agree with Wankie. And I mean in every single thread. It is as if though a few individual owe their living to a certain shop. Why not we start a thread or forum or something just to sing praises?

Bro, thanks for the advice but I have not lose my cool as yet and you will probably not like to see me lose my cool either sly.gif. To reinstate my point once and for all, I will not blast off people just like that even if their opinion differs from mine. If there is a need argue your point, do so tactfully and artistically to convince people to change their mindset and views. But this is made more challenging by the fact that we can only use words to convey the message across here in MCF. That is particularly why it is very important that our messages must be tactful, does not deflame people. Our message here tells people how we carry ourselves.

Anyhow, back to what the thread is supposed to deliver, about fake goods in the market, gotta thank Headshok for researching around for this important pcs of info to aware people of such stuff.

My system is not yet ready but my ears are always ready to share views on our kakis' setup. I hope to join you folks this coming week but do not expect to see anything wonderful as "Pao Zhi Lin" is booked until Dec. The stuff is almost completely bought jsut that I gotta wait for my turn...sweatdrop.gif

Does the Oz offers 3-way??? inlove.gif

According to my source, the Asian ICE market is flooded with fake stuff, and my source is someone who really knows a lot and someone influential in the ICE industry in the WORLD. He probably knows more abt ICE than anyone locally as he is one of the pioneers in IASCA World Wide.

He said that, if its too good to be true (price wise), it prob isnt, that is why i go by this now.

That is why i am tryin to find out more about this and update people here.

But some people will have differing views, like why pay so much else where when u can get it cheaper at a certain place, thats their opinion. Just dont keep 'forcing' your views on others who may have other opinions and start getting hostile and even gettin that particular shop involved.

Cheers guys

Headshok, that is one prime reason why I have decided to source elsewhere other than S'pore for my favourite brand. If need to, I will head straight to France to get, that is how devoted I can be. But rest assured that when I am ready to let go of my current system, the next owner will be a happy one.

Let's move on...now, does Focal in France comes out to inform the world on how to differentiate the real stuff from the not? There must sure be a way to tell..fake goods can't be so perfect that it leaves no traces behind. If so, will the local authority not act? Will CASE be the correct agency to deal with such despicable act?

If you can, find out from your source of what he thinks about Focal fakes, I am very interested to find out more. By the way, Focal distributorship is from Malaysia, based somewhere near the city. That is official and is recognised by Focal France, other than that, supplies from elsewhere may be doubtful.

I am glad that you are in the correct mindframe as I always think you are, three cheers Headshok. laugh.gif

Edited by Sarong1

(edited)

wah.. my nick is "headshok".. but my head is not "shok" la.. hahahaha

aniway.. i was talkin to this malaysian guy, he said one way to test focals is to scratch the cone, if the paint work comes out, means fake, cos he did that at the store tat got raided in malaysia..

but i'm sure those "fakos" have perfected the art of "faking" until damm zai.. hahaha..

i'm still sourcing around,finding out stuff for the benefit of othres here, damm ORION and Focal pple haven reply me yet..

maybe if my 'source' come and visit singapore again, will invite him to our meetup la.. heheh.. me our "guest of honour".. he too also damm fed up with fake goods running around..

[nosebleed]

Edited by Headshok

Wankie bro, I have not even get hold of one how to let go?...laugh.gif Let me try out the Utopia sub first though, if it is still not what I want...I will let it go. Utopia subwoofer you also interested meh bro??? The sub is not made for SPL, but SQ surely can make it.

Dun look me too up, I can only afford the Utopia line series, which is the predecessor of the current Utopia Be. Trying to get hold of the old stuff since the new ones have been "dominated" by "fake ones", that could be one way of avoiding fake ones..I hopesweatdrop.gif

I was trying to find out if Oz has 3-way. Running 3-way is for sure. Prime candidate is Focal liao, unless another one comes in the way and sweep me away.

YO MAN,

doubt OZ got 3 way.. but u can try this: use OZ 2 way, then get 2 8 inch subs and make kick panel, like tat also can get 3 way.. heheh. hahaha..

i am thinkin abt tryin tat out.. heheh..

haha..

let me settle my new subs first.. heheh.. and see whether got $$ for a new amp.. if not i'll just stick with my audio arts.. hahahaa..

Wow, Master Wong fully booked so got to take queue number. But its ok cos masterpiece cannot be duplicated easily. [thumbsup]

OZ no 3 way leh. Oh component + subs can consider 3 way or not? [sly]

Neutral Newbie

There are different categories of "fake".

1) The factory is OEM for the branded stuff. However, someone in the manufacturing organisation has figured a way to make a quick buck and is selling those while reusing the serial numbers that has gone out already. Sometimes, these "fakes" are those that didn't meet quality checks and supposed to be destroyed but someone didn't. Or excess production, or sample evaluation units. Does the name C?t?raya ring a bell? If you go to factory outlets, you will understand. But why so cheap? Cos the cost of manufacturing is cheap but R&D, marketing, and Profit margins are not. Hence if you buy from the factory, cost is basically raw materials plus some overheads. I used to buy jeans from factory outlets in US. For all PRACTICAL purposes, it was a Guess jeans. But they cut up the label. (Maybe that's why you didn't get to see the serial number! It is a controlled item)Which ICE is not made in Asia nowadays? Another potential source is reworked items. Sold as scrap but reworked. C?t?raya again...Actually they were unlucky to get caught. Must be many more out there.

2) Imitations. Look alike. Initial imitations may be quite bad but over time it look like original. But quality may not be there as the technology is not original. Someone interested in Rolex watches might know that in China there are a few grades of imitations with the highest grade being too difficult for authorised dealers to differentiate. So if the imitation is top grade, tough luck.

I don't mind 1) if it is not reworked or the quality discard is only cosmetic in nature. ie color not right, the metal stamping not clean enough, etc

wah.. my nick is "headshok".. but my head is not "shok" la.. hahahaha

aniway.. i was talkin to this malaysian guy, he said one way to test focals is to scratch the cone, if the paint work comes out, means fake, cos he did that at the store tat got raided in malaysia..

but i'm sure those "fakos" have perfected the art of "faking" until damm zai.. hahaha..

i'm still sourcing around,finding out stuff for the benefit of othres here, damm ORION and Focal pple haven reply me yet..

maybe if my 'source' come and visit singapore again, will invite him to our meetup la.. heheh.. me our "guest of honour".. he too also damm fed up with fake goods running around..

[nosebleed]

↡ Advertisement