Fake Goods in the market

Headshok

Interesting, we have shifted the discussion to another higher level, let me paint this scenario for the sake of discussion. Taking for eg. CD

Nowadays in Sem Music Centre, you can find CD that are way below $10, sometimes $12.90, it has got Chinese stamp or label, the info on the album stated that it is Made in China but you can find BMG, Sony lah and what nots actually printed there too, just that it is made in China. But the thing is, there are also many other different press that are made in Hong Kong, S'pore and Taiwai for eg and cost about $17.90 but is lined-up side by side with those made in China. Now, as a consumer, which one will you choose?

1. Should this then be considered as "possibly" fake since it is cheap?

2. Given that there are so many of the same album made in different countries, and reputable music CD shops are not hiding the fact, which press will you choose then? The little bit pricier one or the one made in China? If possible, share why you think so.

dizzy.gif

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Wankie,

[/size]

we are here to learn more abt music, peace to make friends not enemy. agreed all have diff views, thus there is no who win, who lose, who right, who wrong. let viewers just themselves. alway remember that forum intent is to share what is value and good in market. does agree that DivX tone wasnt exactly nice. but think again, do we need to lose cool over such comments or shd we focus more on sharing. exchanges is good cos purpose for forum is for exchange of views ... but provide it is done in a professional way.

think noone want to start any "war", but they may get somewhat "over zealous" in their aim to correct the facts right. but think again, there are some who aint know facts but been "implying" or post false statement. just quote a simple one, personally do come across in certain meet up where pp actual mentioned certain certain installer/shops selling fakes but they havent even step in the shop before. surprise right - but such pp do exist.

we should continue to reflect what good and what bad from every installer so all can learn and not to be carrot. jus another example, imgained you install a component for 2400 but realise that similar product is retailed at 1600. this why forum grouphug.gif and views from all is important - to protect consumer interest.

[/color]

cheers

Edited by Autwin

Neutral Newbie
I totally agree with Wankie. And I mean in every single thread. It is as if though a few individual owe their living to a certain shop. Why not we start a thread or forum or something just to sing praises?

Guess, everyone have a stories to tell. Forum is already a place for all to share what good and what bad (guess this is why SGSound System had a section just on Review on Installer and Accessories Shop). Just look on the brighter side, would not there be more benefits if forumers is willing to share their "experiences" be it bad or good.

The worst can happen is no one bother even to write and let along frank views. So we shd continue to encourage all to speak up and correct any "over zealous" comments or views.

Cheers

haha..

wah lau.. how on earth did this thread kana so hostile one..

back to the topic:

Fake products are indeed quite rampant around in Singapore and are a real threat to the consumer., and they are also sold online, so guys be careful. I read somewhere that focal is slowly raiding outlets in china for fake stuff.. good for them..

most important is that people be tactful and watch their tone and dont shoot people down for nothing or insult them. Bro saroong has been very tactful in his language. *claps claps*. about topics and what some people are implying, people have their own opinions. just let them be lor.. unless their opinion is direct at YOU, then differnt liao..

cheers guys..

Neutral Newbie

bro,

perhaps we shd send mail lipsrsealed.gif to focal and ask them to clean up SG as well sly.gifsly.gif... cos the fake is causing unnecessary concerns for us consumerssweatdrop.gif.

hope they come SG soon....

yes.. let be tactful and do it professionally... view everyone sure have one. who to judge, not you, not me alone but it pp who read and concluded themselves.

smile.gif

Edited by Autwin

Neutral Newbie
Hi guys,

just a few sites for your reference with regards to fake ICE stuff.. this one is with reference to fake focals in our neighbours up north..

http://www.focal-fr.com/counterfeit.htm

http://www.focal-fr.com/COUNTERFEITING/malaysia.htm

heard from my installer, the fake k2power, the centre chrome bullet will move together with the cone when playing, real one will not. Try the one at the shop really never move.

True or not, huh?

Neutral Newbie

You have moved to another level definetly! IP ie Intelectual Property. What you are describing is the manufacture of the IP medium ie the disc itself which may contain music or movies. The subject matter is an intangible. So actually, compared with fake, copy, imitation of tangible goods errr slightly different lah! Since the underlying intangible can be copied bit-for-bit the subject matter can be "stolen" since a perfect copy can be made. Unlike that of a say focal speakers. Without the technology of manufacturing,design and materials, I doubt whether a perfect copy can be made.

Interestingly for tangibles specially, the total experience (if you get the original) is not only usage of the product, but the warranty, after sales service, updates etc forms the complete package , not only the actual item itself. For example a Mercedes driver who uses fake or imitation spare parts. He can not go crying to Mercedes if those items didn't last as long, or didn't perform as well as the original.

Interesting, we have shifted the discussion to another higher level, let me paint this scenario for the sake of discussion. Taking for eg. CD

Nowadays in Sem Music Centre, you can find CD that are way below $10, sometimes $12.90, it has got Chinese stamp or label, the info on the album stated that it is Made in China but you can find BMG, Sony lah and what nots actually printed there too, just that it is made in China. But the thing is, there are also many other different press that are made in Hong Kong, S'pore and Taiwai for eg and cost about $17.90 but is lined-up side by side with those made in China. Now, as a consumer, which one will you choose?

1. Should this then be considered as "possibly" fake since it is cheap?

2. Given that there are so many of the same album made in different countries, and reputable music CD shops are not hiding the fact, which press will you choose then? The little bit pricier one or the one made in China? If possible, share why you think so.

dizzy.gif

Neutral Newbie
I am not frustrated at all, have not lose my cool for years to come and won't make it happen just because of some statements. But I stand by my principle and have never sway by any rumours, no matter how real they may sound. Moderators will know who is peaceloving while who is not.

Here is a forum where people are free to share their views and ideas and what not, not here to label and corner somebody virtually without first finding out and reading views carefully.

If in the process of making statement and the vicious statement is directed at me, I will make no effort to clarify my point and stand.

I have not come around to tell you who can impress me or has done so. To me, there is always a price tag to everything, it all depends whether we are resourceful enough to source for it.

My bottomline, don't shoot msg across anyhow and damage people's presence in this MCF. wink.gif

I respect your decision [flowerface]

wonderful, these theory can also be applied on many things that we consumer is paying to get too, once uninformed, we will fall into the trap. Well described bro

anybody bought these stuffs?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/more-than-2-300/1798336.html

SINGAPORE: Singapore Customs seized more than 2,300 trademark-infringing goods from a Kaki Bukit Avenue warehouse.

It said in a press release on Tuesday (Apr 21) that the goods had been brought in via several air shipments from China, and were discovered on Apr 8 during an inspection at the importer’s warehouse.

Enforcement officers found bags, mobile phone accessories, sunglasses, wallets and watches, all suspected to be counterfeit versions of popular brand items. The items seized include 50 sets of counterfeit Apple earphones, 600 sets of fake Samsung headphones, 180 units of counterfeit Samsung power banks, and 20 imitation bags.

counterfeit rice not fake rice, just pirated label   [sweatdrop]

5,000 bags of counterfeit rice seized by Singapore Customs
Posted 25 Nov 2016 

post-1109-0-69032100-1480060662_thumb.png

SINGAPORE: More than 5,000 bags of counterfeit rice imported from India were seized, Singapore Customs said on Friday (Nov 25).

The owner of the Singapore-registered trademark, who suspected that the imported rice infringed its trademark, had reported the shipment to the authorities.

On Thursday, customs officers intercepted five 20-foot containers that were carrying the shipment of more than 5,000 bags of rice weighing about 129 tonnes at the Pasir Panjang Terminal. The rice was seized after the packaging was found to have a similar trademark to the one registered in Singapore.

The trademark owner has confirmed the rice to be counterfeit and is in the process of taking legal action against the importer, Singapore Customs said.

- CNA/cy

so daring selling along orchard road  [sweatdrop]

Two women nabbed for sale of counterfeit luxury goods at Far East Plaza
Chew Hui Min The Straits Times
Saturday, Jan 21, 2017

counterfeit1200_SPF.jpg?itok=mD--_WzY&ti
Photo: Singapore Police Force

SINGAPORE - Two women have been arrested for selling counterfeit luxury goods at an Orchard Road mall.

Police said officers conducted raids at five shops in a shopping mall along Scotts Road on Thursday (Jan 19).

The mall is understood to be Far East Plaza.

They seized more than 900 pieces of "trademark infringing goods", including shoes, clothes, bags, accessories and watches.

2975_1484978630.jpg

"These goods had infringed the trademarks of various designer brands and are worth an estimated street value of about $200,000," police said.

Investigations against the suspects, aged 30 and 44, are ongoing.

2975_1484978647.jpg

Police said it takes a serious view against intellectual property right infringements and will take action against perpetrators.

Those found guilty of selling or distributing goods with falsely applied trademarks may be fined up to $100,000, or jailed up to five years, or both.

so daring selling along orchard road  [sweatdrop]

one of our old sponsors shop is there...  goldman lux.. i still go once in a while to chat with the father and son team... i swear i have never seen these shops... 

↡ Advertisement