Eeks...A Leaking Tyre Valve!

Armored_Saint

Folks,

My rear tyre started hissing today and I discovered the valve stem is leaking...if you push it to one side...

The valve itself is replaceable without having to change the entire tyre, am I right?

Never encountered this before!

Edited by Armored_saint
↡ Advertisement

The valve stem must be leaking, cost is only a few cents. The worst case is the whole rubber piece need replacement and not that expensive also, a few dollars only. Use the metal type, it is more rigid and lasting.

Sky, thanks for the confirmation...will get it done first thing tomorrow morning...know if there are any Tyre/Battery shops at the auto section near Tampines Safra?

You know, that spare tyre now used as a replacement doesn't look that bad at all! Raw and aggressive! [scholar]

Any tyre shop can fix the problem, suggest you do wheel balancing b4 installing back on the car.

Sorri, don't have any shop near there to recommend.

Do keep you speed lower than 105km when you are on spare tyre to be on the safe side.

"any Tyre/Battery shops at the auto section near Tampines Safra?"

Hi! there, Armored_Saint,

There's a Shell petrol kiosk opposite Blk 139 Tampines Ave.2/Holy Trinity Church. As Sky8807 mentioned, alloy valves last longer, but abit more expensive.

Note: When alloy valves leak, it won't be a slow leak like the cheaper rubber valves, as it's secured to the wheel with a nut unlike the expansion of the cheap ones, so the tyre will be flat before you reach an air pump.

Rgds

Paul Yong

"Shell ProServ does dabble with tyre valves too?"

Hi! there, Armored_Saint,

I used to stay in Tampines, so I've used that particular Shell Station which has a tyre shop with competitive priced tyres. I'm not sure about the rest of the Shell stations.

Rgds

Paul Yong

↡ Advertisement