Chrysler selling 300C here

Fcw75

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

My Dad is planning to buy an old Chrysler 300c from a friend, I was there with him to check on the car, but somehow i keep hearing a "tick tick tick" sound coming out from the engine bay.

Is it normal for a 3.5 V6 engine to have that kind of sound?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Hi,

My Dad is planning to buy an old Chrysler 300c from a friend, I was there with him to check on the car, but somehow i keep hearing a "tick tick tick" sound coming out from the engine bay.

Is it normal for a 3.5 V6 engine to have that kind of sound?

Maybe Sound of "Direct Injection".?

Neutral Newbie

The sound is actually quite noticeable. I did a quick check from the net, something to do with the rocker or lift arm(no idea what's that, LoL.) hopefully it's not a sound of a failing engine.... Any 300c owners encounter such problem?

Neutral Newbie

Anyone know any stockist who supply chrysler 300c spare parts in singapore? Thanks in adv!

None.... Even the AD does not have ex stock for most parts. Ur best bet is USA. Plenty over there.

Neutral Newbie

So it means I will have to buy the parts over USA ebay, right? Or is there any reliable suppliers in US that you can recommend? Thx!

Neutral Newbie

So it means I will have to buy the parts over USA ebay, right? Or is there any reliable suppliers in US that you can recommend? Thx!

no need ebay..... u can google the part that u want, shortlist those retailers that offers international shipping, and those who can let u pay via paypal. If credit card, most likely they will not accept.

If you still have difiiculty finding the parts u want, let me know.

Neutral Newbie

Hi I'm a driver of 300c. It was indeed a great buy. Mine is 2007 apr unit. I got it for 51000 in oct 2012. Omv 39000. Superb buy. Great ride that commands attention. Mine is white with Bentley grill and all round 5% tint, 20 inch chrome rim. Definitely a eye catcher. Very powerful car with just right power to weight ratio. I am a heavy footer as I like pulling away from cars be it at traffic light or expressway... This car just pull up to 120 kph effortlessly. Trade off... I'm going on 4-5 km per liter. I always say this car is the price of Camry, omv of gs300, power of s350 and look of Bentley. You will never fail to get turning heads on road n traffic light. At carpark, you sure have many people coming forward to admire your ride. I had many occasion people mistook me as driving a Bentley ESP in malaysia. There was once I valet at a hotel in malacca. The valet actually shifted a Lamborghini to make space for me to park in front of the entrance... Whaha... Little did he know that the price of buying this car is actually lower than some Japanese car. However you must be able to withstand the high maintainence as there is no stockist in town. I would normally buy parts from agent to repair outside as workshop also goes to agent for parts. Cosmetic wise I would order from www.carid.com very trusted website. This car is definitely not an ah pek car. You need to drive one to really appreciate it. I travel on nsh going 200kph and my rpm is only around 320.... Crazily comfort ride.... Hope to see more 300c drivers around. Till then cheers....

Neutral Newbie

I just bought a 2nd hand 300c. And I'm loving it! I'm kinda disappointed with its fuel consumptio.... The car really drinks petrol like no tomorrow. But what the hell, I love the engine pick up and the stable ride on the highway. my insurance is much higher then my previous ride but I'm glad by next year it will drop quite significantly. By the way, any reliable workshop which service this american muscle? Thanks on adv!

P.s thanks Coupe07 & Tommitoh For giving advise on the maintainence, greatly appreciated! :)

Hi Kubbit, good luck with your buy! I think I replied your PM yesterday.

Do let me know if you need any help.

Actually if you import Chrysler parts from the US, they are on a comparable level to locally priced parts for Japanese cars even including shipping.

E.g. my brand new alternator cost ~$300+ or so.

So far for my Dodge, I have imported shocks, alternator, engine mounting, tensioner belt, disc rotors, water pump, filters, brake pads and a few other parts from overseas. Dodge and Chrysler both come under the Mopar brand for spare parts so most sites will sell both together. I think I have saved at least S$5000-$10000 in part cost alone as compared to AD prices.

Good luck! :)

Did you buy the one with the V8? What's your petrol consumption in km per litres?

haha for normal jap car 2.0L about 9km/l

for a S class with 3.0L about 6-7km/l

so for 300C i expect about 4-5km/l or worse.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Mine's a 3.5l V6 engine second hand chrysler. I have been driving for about 5k. And so far, I'm getting around 6-7km per liter. If I go heavy footed, I will get around 5-6km/l. Ride comfort is there. It is very quiet inside the vehicle and the stock audio quality is pretty good too. Was hoping to get hold of the SRT 6.1 hemi but.... the road tax and insurance gonna burn a big hold in my pocket. Heard the fuel consumption for the 6.1 is around 6km/l.

Neutral Newbie

hi all, sorry for interrupting! can i find out the reasons why you purchased a chrysler (for owners)? and for those who indicated they would not purchase one. Am doing a sch project on chrysler, given the taxi image of it now, would like to have some opinions.

your feedback is MUCH APPRECIATED! thankyou!!!!!!

Neutral Newbie

Hi I'm a driver of 300c. It was indeed a great buy. Mine is 2007 apr unit. I got it for 51000 in oct 2012. Omv 39000. Superb buy. Great ride that commands attention. Mine is white with Bentley grill and all round 5% tint, 20 inch chrome rim. Definitely a eye catcher. Very powerful car with just right power to weight ratio. I am a heavy footer as I like pulling away from cars be it at traffic light or expressway... This car just pull up to 120 kph effortlessly. Trade off... I'm going on 4-5 km per liter. I always say this car is the price of Camry, omv of gs300, power of s350 and look of Bentley. You will never fail to get turning heads on road n traffic light. At carpark, you sure have many people coming forward to admire your ride. I had many occasion people mistook me as driving a Bentley ESP in malaysia. There was once I valet at a hotel in malacca. The valet actually shifted a Lamborghini to make space for me to park in front of the entrance... Whaha... Little did he know that the price of buying this car is actually lower than some Japanese car. However you must be able to withstand the high maintainence as there is no stockist in town. I would normally buy parts from agent to repair outside as workshop also goes to agent for parts. Cosmetic wise I would order from www.carid.com very trusted website. This car is definitely not an ah pek car. You need to drive one to really appreciate it. I travel on nsh going 200kph and my rpm is only around 320.... Crazily comfort ride.... Hope to see more 300c drivers around. Till then cheers....

Hi Tommi, dont mind me asking. what made you purchase a chrysler? what did you look for when you were making the decision

Hey all.

Chrysler 300C is a huge car! Test drove the latest 3.6V6 296bhp 8AT version. Really nice drive! Surprisingly, the SRT-8 version is only a $100k more! ($298k without COE), whereas the standard 300 3.6V6/ 3.0TurboDiesel is at $218k without COE also.

↡ Advertisement