FAST AND FURIOUS STORY! CAUGHT SPEEDING!

Zyrofillica

Ok my fast and furious story goes like this.

Was waiting first in line at a traffic light on orchard boulevard. (road behind taka and wisma)

This heavily modded and decalled evo 8 GSR rolled up beside me. And he revved letting out a lousd PSSST~ haha I retaliated with a loud Vroom~ from my 2.0 NA engine. The light turns Green, we both floored it and my pathetic stock shot ahead of the EVO and I celebrated my first street challenge victory with a TCed car! [rolleyes]

Flawless victory u say? Ok i was just kidding about that EVO 8 GSR. Actually I was caught speeding by 2 TP officers who clocked me at 68km/h on that 50km/h limit road. Oh boy was I in trouble for going at such a FAST AND RECKLESS SPEED. I could have killed someone going at such a high speed and I bet even my grandma would have suffered a heart attack had she been sitting by my side.

Com'on officer, its 1am, the row of lights was on green and hey its a 5 lane straight road. He even asked me where was i rushing to? WAT RUSHING SOMEWHERE at 68km/h? I'll be at 120 if I was rushing! [knife]

170 fine. 8 demerits. What can i say. If u are suay you are suay. As long as anyone was above 60 on that road tt fateful night, I think you would have suffered the same fate. Was very traumatized by this incident. Had been faithfully crawling around singapore and craning my neck at every corner and behind every bush to make sure I wasn't going to be featured on "GOTCHA at 68KM/h!" again. One day, this paranoid driver may just fall asleep at the wheel and crash into a bunch of officers manning a roadblock. Cos there is a sticker at the back of his car stating "60km/h" [:|]

Let this be a warning to all those Speedsters out there! 68 is way too fast! And on a sidenote, only my foggies was on and it was a clear night. The officer did not say a word! Hooray for FOGGIES! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

It's the bonus time of the yr. They are just simply very desperate for some extra summons to issue out. Let me share with you my story.

Happened 2 weeks ago, on a weekday night. I was travelling along Bt Timah road, towards City direction. Wanted to make an U-turn towards King Albert Park. Was waiting at the U-turn for the opposite road to be clear of cars before making the U-turn. At this time, a TP came by at the opposite direction. He slowed down in front of me and kept of starring at me. He couldn't possibly stop in the middle of the road. Therefore he stopped at the side and turned his head back to look at me. He was waiting for me to make the U-turn before pulling me aside. For your info, I was not making any illegal U-turn. Just that there's some minor mods on my car. Think he wanted to pull my aside to check on that. I simply couldn't believe that they would actually wait for you to come up to them before stopping you. Upon making the U-turn, I immediately made a sharp left turn into the private estate to escape that white creature.

Hmm.... exceed 18km =$170+8pts....?

Anyway i shared ur feelings... not really going dat fast like some drivers yet kena caught. sxxt right....

Last mth i was caught for speeding too. 2+am on monday at TPE. Where got cars right! Kena clock at 111km. 150+6pts. Heart pain... More painful for the pts... Thinking like dat oso catch... How come i see other ppl going so fast in other days nvr get caught. Wanna plead oso hard, coz the other TP is a lady... [:(] if not maybe got chance for lighter charged. Hahaha.

Nowadays i oso very guai guai follow all the speed limit. At most 100 at expressway, usually 90km. But some damn drivers, i think they nvr kena catch before, cutting into ur lane as if u r hogging the road. Sometimes really got the urge to go after them. Let them know other ppl oso can go fast is up to the driver want to or not. But den think again, is not worth it to risk my pts, my life or other ppl life like dat. Juz now on the way bk home oso. Stupid corolla (sorry, not saying all corolla drivers, only him), thinking he damn fast, cut in and out of me and another taxi think he at least going at 120-130km. Inside my heart was hoping there is a TP ard hiding in some corner.

Now TP are everywhere. Juz this wk i saw them 3 times! Either at the overhead bridge or ard in expressway. 2days ago was followed by 1. Juz behind me. Was going ard 100km. But luckily nvr stop me. Juz follow me for awhile. Think he wanna scare me. So becareful and dun speed these days! [;)]

omg!.. i thought u really beat the evo8.. [laugh]

sighz.. alot of TP encounter stories lately. [shakehead][shakehead]

an improvement of efficiency? or just desperation to fulfil their numbers... so they can boast this year's stats for speeding and discourage more from doing that next year. Also, publish numbers for that whole "speeding kills" campaign.. [:/]

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to hear that... But based on ur fine and demerit points mentioned, you should be exceeding by 30 to 40 km/h above speed limit.

[cool]

Zyrofillica ==> exceed 18km/hr = $170 + 8pts ....?

Enialenat ==> exceed 21km/hr = $150 + 6pts ....?

Doesn't really make any sense to me. Exceed more get lesser penalty? Weird. [confused]

Ed

Edited by Ravinged

Neutral Newbie
Nowadays i oso very guai guai follow all the speed limit. At most 100 at expressway, usually 90km. But some damn drivers, i think they nvr kena catch before, cutting into ur lane as if u r hogging the road. Sometimes really got the urge to go after them. Let them know other ppl oso can go fast is up to the driver want to or not. But den think again, is not worth it to risk my pts, my life or other ppl life like dat. Juz now on the way bk home oso. Stupid corolla (sorry, not saying all corolla drivers, only him), thinking he damn fast, cut in and out of me and another taxi think he at least going at 120-130km. Inside my heart was hoping there is a TP ard hiding in some corner.

didn't you know the unofficial speed limit on expressway lane 1 is 110? you do 100 confirm kena tailgate.... [laugh]

what goes around comes around, they will kena sooner or later... oops that includes me... [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Zealot

There is this day when I was tuning in to Class 95 and one of the caller was actually a TP officer. So there was a short chat between him and the djs.

A casual question was posted to this caller, asking if there is any lee-way to the speed limits we have in Singapore. If there is, how much is the lee-way? The caller replied that TP usually give a lee-way of 20-30 km/hr lee-way.

But of course, it is up to them to decide if they should apply the lee-way.

Personally, I have shot past the speed-cam along BKE at a speed of 100km/hr, there wasn't any flash. Don't ask me to wait for letter, because that was a year ago. [laugh]

I usually would take the PIE route and enter BKE at satelite station. The most common spot is just under the first flyover after the satelite station. I have driven past there at slightly above 100km/hr but less than 110km/hr for sure. TP WRX did not give chase too.

Ed

Den like dat i kena caught for speeding at 111km is damn suay lah.. 1km exceed!! [furious]

Well, anyway if somebody else wanna go faster i will juz chg to the 2nd lane lor. But usually quite hard lah. Especially in sin, there are cars everywhere, wanna go faster oso cannot. Unless at night. But at nite i oso use the 2nd lane. use 1st lane for what... [sweatdrop]

Not damn suay ... you are still 21km/hr over the legal speed limit.

In Singapore, unofficial speed limit is still not a recognized speed limit afterall. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ed

[wave] Hullo fellow galant Driver! haha i think u have recently joined the galantclub am I correct? Haha, think my galant too fierce so the TP book me. Btw wierd Y i kena more pts and fine? Did they up the sentence? When were you caught? Dun tell me tt 5 lane road speed limit is 40!!!!! [furious]

anyway, I forgot to mention that I did my NS stint in the police. Did roadblocks with my TP colleagues at various locations, their favourites being those 50km/h roads like the one along jelita cold storage, holland road. Every single car would be "caught" speeding and I felt really guilty in "assisting" to catch these "dangerous midnight Speed Demons" 80,75,64..... summon summon summon. I protested the need to summon such ridiculously low speeds esp considering that road has 3 lanes and is relatively straight. [:|]

Apparently, they told me that they act only on complaints and will book a certain number of vehicles before they close the case on this "complaint". So axxxxxes who complain about fellow motorists speeding on 50km/h roads shd be shot in the leg and made to sit in a baby trolley with a 0.5bhp motor and a top speed of 2 km/h. [whip]

[shakehead][shakehead]

it was wrong of you to speed at 68km/h. that kind of death defying speed can only be used on the expressway and ONLY on the first lane. what were you thinking?! at that kinda speed its totally impossible to brake in time!

before do that again, please spare a thought for the ants and lizards on the road. [:/]

↡ Advertisement