FAST AND FURIOUS STORY! CAUGHT SPEEDING!

Zyrofillica

Hello! [wave] So u are driving galant oso. Hehehe... I didnt know. Yah, recently i juz joined the galantclub. How u know ah? Who r u....? [confused] I oso dunno y u kena more fines & pts den me. I was caught at TPE ard 1 mth ago.

Usually i will keep out of lane 1 if lane 2 are oso keeping the speed limit. Lets say lane 2 are going at 70-80km. Of course i oso dun wanna follow them if i'm rushing. But i didnt wanna speed like 120-130km oso. Dun tell me i shd filter in and out of lane 2 n 1 to keep the speed limit? [sweatdrop]

That is what I did. You are new here, so you didn't see our past threads on road hogging. There were several heated discussions on "what defines road hogging". Prehaps you should search them out. Anyway, drive safe and give way. [scholar]

Let this be a warning to all those Speedsters out there! 68 is way too fast! And on a sidenote, only my foggies was on and it was a clear night. The officer did not say a word! Hooray for FOGGIES! [laugh]

Maybe it was because you had only your fog lamps on that he noticed you in the first place... [hur]

[laugh] Zun boh.... with that too fast too furious speed i was going at, im sure they didnt even have time to look at the front of my car and most prob would have had to scrammble to their bikes and burn rubber to catch up with me. And i was crawling to a stop at a traffic light when i noticed them... how demoralizing. [blush] Naw he didnt bother me about my foggies. I got out of the car leaving my foggies on with only the positioning headlights on. Think he must be too shaken chasing me while weaving in and out of traffic at 15 km/h. Must have messed up his moustache.... [lipsrsealed]

somehow at that moment i felt I was getting my retribution for assisting them during my NS days [dead] Booked so many unlucky chaps. Now I know the feeling. [smallcry]

Hello! [wave] So u are driving galant oso. Hehehe... I didnt know. Yah, recently i juz joined the galantclub. How u know ah? Who r u....? [confused] I oso dunno y u kena more fines & pts den me. I was caught at TPE ard 1 mth ago.

I also check out galantclub forums regularly though i have yet to meet Goo and the rest of the guys. My nick is the same. Zyrofillica. [;)]

are you sure you were given 8 demerits points for travelling at 68km/h???

Base on my understand, you should be give 4pts instead if you were really travelling at 68 km/h on a 50km/h road.

4 Demerit Points

I oso kena summon letter. Caught speeding on PIE on 80km/h stretch of road....for exceeding 1-20km/h. May kena $130 fine and 4 demerits pts. But lucky for me, no actions will be taken against me except a record will be kept.. Seems like TP do haf 1-20km/h grace.

Neutral Newbie

new yr is coming, its bonus time. everywhere can see speed trap, every time overheard speed trap on the radio. wad to do, drive safe.

Ok my fast and furious story goes like this.

Was waiting first in line at a traffic light on orchard boulevard. (road behind taka and wisma)

This heavily modded and decalled evo 8 GSR rolled up beside me. And he revved letting out a lousd PSSST~ haha I retaliated with a loud Vroom~ from my 2.0 NA engine. The light turns Green, we both floored it and my pathetic stock shot ahead of the EVO and I celebrated my first street challenge victory with a TCed car! rolleyes.gif

Flawless victory u say? Ok i was just kidding about that EVO 8 GSR. Actually I was caught speeding by 2 TP officers who clocked me at 68km/h on that 50km/h limit road. Oh boy was I in trouble for going at such a FAST AND RECKLESS SPEED. I could have killed someone going at such a high speed and I bet even my grandma would have suffered a heart attack had she been sitting by my side.

Com'on officer, its 1am, the row of lights was on green and hey its a 5 lane straight road. He even asked me where was i rushing to? WAT RUSHING SOMEWHERE at 68km/h? I'll be at 120 if I was rushing! knife.gif

170 fine. 8 demerits. What can i say. If u are suay you are suay. As long as anyone was above 60 on that road tt fateful night, I think you would have suffered the same fate. Was very traumatized by this incident. Had been faithfully crawling around singapore and craning my neck at every corner and behind every bush to make sure I wasn't going to be featured on "GOTCHA at 68KM/h!" again. One day, this paranoid driver may just fall asleep at the wheel and crash into a bunch of officers manning a roadblock. Cos there is a sticker at the back of his car stating "60km/h" unimpressed.gif

Let this be a warning to all those Speedsters out there! 68 is way too fast! And on a sidenote, only my foggies was on and it was a clear night. The officer did not say a word! Hooray for FOGGIES! laugh.gif

i'm quite sure the drivers involved in the few accidents along geylang road early early in the morning @ ard 3 - 5 am with darn so clear traffic probably thought the same as you. boh chia, boh lang, can go faster. bet 100% of the fault lies with the damn pedestrians who were knocked down cos they were jaywalking.

Neutral Newbie

170 bucks and 8 demerit pts sounds pretty harsh considering the conditions and speed u were going. Boy, 68kph... Haha.

Wife got caught clocking 80kph on a 50kph road before. Kenna 8 demerit points and 180 bucks. Wonder how that compares to yours. She was travelling on a 3 lane road some time back along Hougang or something.

Like many would mention - heng suay one.

If i could choose, i'd rather be caught speeding at 130kph on a 90kph road. Sounds more "justified" than "speeding" at 68kph. I seriously think you could cycle faster than that. Oh wait, horses can go up to 80kph right?

Edited by Spas

Ok my fast and furious story goes like this.

Was waiting first in line at a traffic light on orchard boulevard. (road behind taka and wisma)

This heavily modded and decalled evo 8 GSR rolled up beside me. And he revved letting out a lousd PSSST~ haha I retaliated with a loud Vroom~ from my 2.0 NA engine. The light turns Green, we both floored it and my pathetic stock shot ahead of the EVO and I celebrated my first street challenge victory with a TCed car! [rolleyes]

Flawless victory u say? Ok i was just kidding about that EVO 8 GSR. Actually I was caught speeding by 2 TP officers who clocked me at 68km/h on that 50km/h limit road. Oh boy was I in trouble for going at such a FAST AND RECKLESS SPEED. I could have killed someone going at such a high speed and I bet even my grandma would have suffered a heart attack had she been sitting by my side.

Com'on officer, its 1am, the row of lights was on green and hey its a 5 lane straight road. He even asked me where was i rushing to? WAT RUSHING SOMEWHERE at 68km/h? I'll be at 120 if I was rushing! [knife]

170 fine. 8 demerits. What can i say. If u are suay you are suay. As long as anyone was above 60 on that road tt fateful night, I think you would have suffered the same fate. Was very traumatized by this incident. Had been faithfully crawling around singapore and craning my neck at every corner and behind every bush to make sure I wasn't going to be featured on "GOTCHA at 68KM/h!" again. One day, this paranoid driver may just fall asleep at the wheel and crash into a bunch of officers manning a roadblock. Cos there is a sticker at the back of his car stating "60km/h" [:|]

Let this be a warning to all those Speedsters out there! 68 is way too fast! And on a sidenote, only my foggies was on and it was a clear night. The officer did not say a word! Hooray for FOGGIES! [laugh]

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Now you know why it pays to drive like a tortise like me? 50km/h!!!

Orchard Boulevard is a hot spot as many illegal mod cars race there on weekends, and TP has stepped up enforcement. I have witnessed astreet race there, amongst a bunch of EG and EK Civics, some EVOs and WRXs, at speeds of easily way ahove 100km/h.

But honestly, I don't consider 68km/h speeding. The infamous stretch of Holland Road (just after Napier Rd) has has its speed limit increased from 50km/h to 70km/h. That raod is anytime narrower than Orchard Boulevard and has more blind turns and spots too.

Anyway the Police are no Saints either. They shopuld get their act straight before they fine motorists for unrealistic "speeding" offences.

Just this morning, 18 Dec 2005 at 1:05am, I was at Orchard Boulevard, towards Four Seasons Hotel, with Orchard MRT on my right, and I witnessed a Police vehicle QX4770G, turning out from Orchard Turn to Orchard Boulevard. The police vehicle (G8 Toyota Corolla from Orchard Police Post) did not signal. It later filtered to the left lane, again WITHOUT SIGNALLING.

So what is the panalty for not signalling? The police should slap themselves first before they fine motorists for offences that they, as law enforcers commit themselves.

perhaps you would like to appeal, and if your appeal is rejected, you can highlight this case. PM me for more details.

Edited by Vit4wd
↡ Advertisement