V- COOL OR OTHERS

Atx2

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, besides V-Cool what other brand is good & not so "X". i call up V-cool they told me their product cost from $950-$1200 for a 2000cc car. What do your think?

↡ Advertisement

What package were you quoted?

Anyway, I got my 1.6L car done on V-kool Mirage. Cost me $550.

Try to get your car agent to link up for you. If you ask V-kool to quote you direct, usually it's more expensive.

Sorry, can't pass you my contact coz my agent is my friend.

For 2L car, a decent quote for Mirage package should be around $750 - $850.

Neutral Newbie

Hi I did my car with 3M tinting last month. I choose the $900 package, as there is a promotion then, got $300 off and free 3M customise floor mat for the whole car except the boot. Not sure promotion still on or not. The contact person is Kelvin, Ezy Tint Concept 9851 3438. 2 outlets, Ubi and turf city.

i have a cool n lite film. so far so good. i think by large every brand is pretty much the same except for wkmanship. of there are the absorb and reflect type. imo, the reflect type is probably better which is like v-kool. my own view of these films is that no need to get so ex lah. its not like u travel several miles a day in the hot sun. after all, most of us dont drive our cars for more than 5 yrs so no point putting the most ex one. another thing to note is if parking for more than an hr in the baking sun, the film isnt gonna make any difference! might as well do other mods eh.

Neutral Newbie

i agree. after all it's just a piece of plastic that either reflects or absorbs heat. the window film actually helps to cool the car faster as you're driving along.

I had huper on my previous car and installed v-kool on my current one. My experience with huper was that it was very good initially but after about 3 years, either the sun got hotter or the heat absorbtion quality of the film wore off because it started to feel warmer in the car.

Also, I found that if I spent more than 3 hours under a hot sun, the window gets hotter. It may be because the film can only absorb so much or, it could be that the window itself has gotten hot. Not sure.

Anywaym switched to v-kool because I figured since it reflects, and not absorb heat, it should work better.

↡ Advertisement