Radar gun/red light camera (newbie question)

Extinguisher

As a newbie driver, I have this question...If your car is caught speeding by TP radar gun or red light camera, how do they know who to deduct the points from as the driver may be anyone? Sorry if this question sounds stupid...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

they will send the ticket to the owner of the car.

so whoever drive the vehicle will reply with their particular else the owner will be liable once the dateline is up.

If I remember correctly, the TP will send you a letter asking you to state who was driving the car at the time of the offence.

I had a friend who paid another friend to use his name to take the demerit points as he andhis family did not own a car [laugh][sly]

dont think it is that easy.

my company had an expat driving company car... he went overseas... girlfriend speeding... he come back... claim he not in Spore... ask police to prove he drive... police ask him to pay $ to see picture... he paid... he saw the pic with a lady (girlfriend got long hair) driving his car... LL settle the fine...

which means our law enforcers have the means to check if need be... just dont be the scape goat if they are looking for one to tell the public...