Duplicate Keys!!

Picantorian

sounds like the picanto has a built-in immobiliser key as well.

Don't think so.

If use duplicate key to start engine with immobiliser without the chip, the engine will die and cannot be start up again even with original key. A certain key code must be entered into car computer to disable the immobiliser so that it can be started up again.

The key code can be obtained from the car dealer.

• Praise 1

Read up your car manual, understand that kia car come with the immobilise and key with transponder...is a safety device to prevent car thief from using dup.key to start up,nothing to do with whether got install alarm or central locking,bobian have to go back to C&C, they need to do programming for matching(if i'm not wrong)

• Praise 1

where duplicate keys the cheapest??? lost one of my steering wheel lock key....the gek poh shop (green sign board)....want to charge me $10 for a simple key.............f ashole

• Praise 1

where duplicate keys the cheapest??? lost one of my steering wheel lock key....the gek poh shop (green sign board)....want to charge me $10 for a simple key.............f ashole

$10 also want to complain.. [hur] [hur]

• Praise 1

Isn't it quite contradicting that you like your car to be secure, yet you are angry over $10 locksmith ? If any locksmith on the street can duplicate your car key for $10, I would be worried.

• Praise 1

Isn't it quite contradicting that you like your car to be secure, yet you are angry over $10 locksmith ? If any locksmith on the street can duplicate your car key for $10, I would be worried.

There is one charging $3/ only for vehicle key when I was doing a metal shutter key at Jalan Besar!

For normal house door keys, I used to be charged $1/ only.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

You actually use the $1 key for your house door ? For the sake (and security) of the people living in your house, please leave the $1 key / lock for your metal cabinet at your bunk bed; and get a proper lock with updated technology -- at least for the exterior locks.

This is how easy it is to duplicate one of those basic $1 key with a photo, aluminum coke can and a pair of scissors:

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/264/48/

There is one charging $3/ only for vehicle key when I was doing a metal shutter key at Jalan Besar!

For normal house door keys, I used to be charged $1/ only.

$10 also want to complain.. [hur][hur]

[laugh][laugh] he better dun ever buy a MB. key cannot duplicate and replacement cost $700. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

You actually use the $1 key for your house door ? For the sake (and security) of the people living in your house, please leave the $1 key / lock for your metal cabinet at your bunk bed; and get a proper lock with updated technology -- at least for the exterior locks.

This is how easy it is to duplicate one of those basic $1 key with a photo, aluminum coke can and a pair of scissors:

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/264/48/

Thanks for your concern and advice. Of course there are more than just one lock at home!

High tech does not mean fool proof!

I am just sharing about the cost of duplicating keys. Take the shutter key I duplicated for example, not every locksmith can do it! Some of them charge $10 or more. I did it for $6 only.

Neutral Newbie

It seems an interesting topic that it was first post in 2005....

And now I also have some auto key questions to ask you.

Google car key tools and find an interesting tool for a chance.

I am really interested in tag key tool there.

But there is still some questions. Does this programmer also generate transponder already programmed? If Yes, what types of transponders produces? and then may

also make copies of keys?

Where can buy one cheaper?

If you know something about it,tell me please.

Thanks -_-

• Praise 1

It seems an interesting topic that it was first post in 2005....

And now I also have some auto key questions to ask you.

Google car key tools and find an interesting tool for a chance.

I am really interested in tag key tool there.

But there is still some questions. Does this programmer also generate transponder already programmed? If Yes, what types of transponders produces? and then may

also make copies of keys?

Where can buy one cheaper?

If you know something about it,tell me please.

Thanks -_-

Usually the set of keys(with immobilizer) come with a alpha numeric keycode are given to the first owner. If you want to duplicate the key you must produce the keycode in order to match the one your car only recognise. I dunno how many ppl actually keep the keycode but I always keep them safe. If you happen to lost the keys and the key code dan you will have to order a whole new set of security system to reinstall it to your car.

The AD or some third party(you can find some sponsors or ads that do this here in the forum) can do duplicate it for you but the thing is who can be trusted more? I'm sure you have heard of stories of ppl's car got stolen with ease.

Or you can totally remove the stock system and replace it with an aftermarket system to your liking. Cheap things may be good and good thing may not be cheap.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

[laugh][laugh] he better dun ever buy a MB. key cannot duplicate and replacement cost $700. [sweatdrop]

see whether MB got any in-house car insurance.

check the t&c clause to see whether do they allow you to claim a free key in case of lost or stolen.

my key going to get "stolen" in the next few months. going to get a new set.

• Praise 1

Thanks very much for your reply.

It seems I still know less about car key.

I should learn more and then decide what to do. [thumbsup]

Does ur car handbook state what kinda car key urs was? keyless dupli ex.. normal normal de wo chip r rather cheap lo.. key wit chip.. u have to bring along ur spare set to re-programme also.. it's up to u.. Newton locksmith pretty good..have ubi and turf city outlet but give them a call first then check wit ur AD.. if the price diff just a few tens.. i'll choose to go AD..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Some insurance company provides cover for loss of keys.

If I claim for a set of keys which I mis-placed. Will it affect my NCD?

Don't want to spend $ to duplicate another key.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1