Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:01 PM

Sazali
  • Sazali
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm interested to take part in SMSA organized motorsports events...how do I register? Also what are the requirements? Hope someone can give me more information. Thanks...

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:08 AM

Atlantis_boi
  • Atlantis_boi
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi. I tink u can popby SMSA webby to find out more details. To wat I know, u nid to go 4 a test 2 get ur racing licence b4 u can actually participate in the SMSA rally events.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

Yc86
  • Yc86
    Supercharged
    Author Image

no details on the webbie leh...
i wanted to join also, but heard that P-platers cant tongue.gif
thou my coe car will be outshadowed by the wrxes and evos there.. shakehead.gif

heard must have 1 or 2 yrs driving experience and must pass some sort of medical mad.gif

Edited by Yc86, 24 January 2006 - 02:14 AM.

As a particularly highly developed machine, the motorcycle is an object of wonder;
because its use, even by virtuoso riders, comes close to the limits of human capabilities. - Bernt Spiegel

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:44 PM

Atlantis_boi
  • Atlantis_boi
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Dun haf to worry abt the Evos & Rexes. 4 ur car, u will b competiting under the 2wd class.

Medical is to make sure u r fit enuff & not develop any medical condition during the race.

Edited by Atlantis_boi, 24 January 2006 - 12:50 PM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:47 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i thought must have the SMSA license or a member then can join????

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:47 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah...u race PG now wana race kallang.... laugh.gif

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yah...definitely diff class....

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:52 PM

Atlantis_boi
  • Atlantis_boi
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

wah...u race PG now wana race kallang....

YC fierce ma, conquor Track already nw wanna attack carpark. Haha laugh.gif

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:27 PM

Conservative
  • Premium member
    Conservative
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I like CP rallies, seems more fair and entertaining. The person with the best handbrake- turn skills wins laugh.gif

I think any regular driver can join, I've seen some er...not vely experienced drivers also join in for fun, I think its good.

Anyone knows where is the next one ? On the SMSA website ?
Once I was caught speeding along Raffles Boulevard...
The officer asked me : " What do you think this is, F1 race track ah ??? "

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:29 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

then after kallang cp...
then next time try mscp....
from bottom go upslope then downslope... laugh.gif

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:29 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i see...iam not sure....
i had nvr seen before....cp rallies....

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

Xxer
  • Xxer
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I'm interested to take part in SMSA organized motorsports events...how do I register? Also what are the requirements? Hope someone can give me more information. Thanks...

1. u need to b a member of smsa
2. to take part in CP rally, u need a Competition License.
3. No need to take test, just medical check-up.
4. Get doctor to certify u r physically fit.
5. Get ur license, renewable on a yearly basis.
6. Comp license only valid for local rally. International license can be arranged, which cost a few hundred bucks.
7. Then u let ur license go to waste, cos' there had not been rallies for the past 2 yrs. laugh.gif

I took part in Autotest some yrs back, quite fun. thumbsup.gif

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

Conservative
  • Premium member
    Conservative
    4th Gear
    Author Image

True, nowadays its a rarity, but at least its slowly coming back.
Old timers will tell you, it used to be very regular in Kallang before they stopped it.

Its really fun, happens very close up and right in front of your eyes,the whole course, lots of wheelspin and engine roar and psst psst and handbrake turns etc.
Not like f1 where its happening far away and you only see one portion of the track.

And best, its free of charge !!

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:16 PM

Conservative
  • Premium member
    Conservative
    4th Gear
    Author Image

wah bro,
you took part before ? thumbsup.gif
What car you drove, does it have to be heavily modded or can stock guys take part too ?
My 1.6 altis can or not ? laugh.gif

Also, what is this competition license, is it an advanced driving course where they teach you racing skills ?

They teach you drifting etc ?

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:21 AM

Yc86
  • Yc86
    Supercharged
    Author Image

wah...u race PG now wana race kallang....

YC fierce ma, conquor Track already nw wanna attack carpark. Haha laugh.gif

lol.. where got conquer... went once only sweatdrop.gif
though with kakis dun mind going once a wk wink.gif

btw 2wd still got TC and NA ba.. later get eaten by all the S13, S15.. S2000..
also shd have under 1.5L class tongue.gif
As a particularly highly developed machine, the motorcycle is an object of wonder;
because its use, even by virtuoso riders, comes close to the limits of human capabilities. - Bernt Spiegel

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:23 AM

Yc86
  • Yc86
    Supercharged
    Author Image

dun suppose P-plater can right?.. any minimum driving experience?

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:25 AM

Yc86
  • Yc86
    Supercharged
    Author Image

cool... but suppose it wears out stuff very fast.. brakes, clutch, tyres..
sweatdrop.gif

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:31 AM

Yc86
  • Yc86
    Supercharged
    Author Image

wah bro,
you took part before ?
What car you drove, does it have to be heavily modded or can stock guys take part too ?
My 1.6 altis can or not ?

Also, what is this competition license, is it an advanced driving course where they teach you racing skills ?

They teach you drifting etc ?

lolx... can take part in stock car... just may not win anything lipsrsealed.gif
but the good thing bout drifting comp is that a 100hp lao pok chia can beat a 300hp sponsor car nod.gif

comp licence dun teach advanced driving course ba i think... but i attended one before organised by Fiat. more of a defensive driving course...

nothing impressive though, saloms, reverse salom.. e-brake with and w/o ABS.. oversteer, understeer.. and a mini competition in the end, which i got the 2nd best timing for beginners.. cos hit 2 cones laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:58 AM

Winner899
  • Winner899
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

wah u look like u know alot man????

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:29 AM

Atlantis_boi
  • Atlantis_boi
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I like CP rallies, seems more fair and entertaining. The person with the best handbrake- turn skills wins laugh.gif

I think any regular driver can join, I've seen some er...not vely experienced drivers also join in for fun, I think its good.

Anyone knows where is the next one ? On the SMSA website ?

Although it's fun & entertaining but I prefer track rather than Carpark rallies. Look the Evos, Wrx & Civics. They at most hit 2nd gear in carpark. The car's potential is not being fully utilisted.

Handbrake turns aint the fastest way of goin round the tight corner if u lose lots of speed & nid 2 do alot of counter steering.

Back to Motorsports  ·  General Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: SMSA, Park, Rally

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users