SMSA Car Park Rally

Sazali

I like CP rallies, seems more fair and entertaining. The person with the best handbrake- turn skills wins [laugh]

I think any regular driver can join, I've seen some er...not vely experienced drivers also join in for fun, I think its good.

Anyone knows where is the next one ? On the SMSA website ?

Although it's fun & entertaining but I prefer track rather than Carpark rallies. Look @ the Evos, Wrx & Civics. They at most hit 2nd gear in carpark. The car's potential is not being fully utilisted.

Handbrake turns aint the fastest way of goin round the tight corner if u lose lots of speed & nid 2 do alot of counter steering.

then after kallang cp...

then next time try mscp....

from bottom go upslope then downslope... [laugh]

Play timing. C who can go up to the highest & come down the fastest [laugh]

Then those smaller size cars like Picanto & kelisa sure got more advantage.

Time for a race track to be built in S'pore.

The govt allocates so much land for golf courses but none for even a small race track.

Casualties as in those cars that mount kerb? Nv c any 1 injured b4 but it's always the cars that r damaged by the kerb & tow truck comes. Heart pain sia~

Edited by Atlantis_boi

wah bro,

you took part before ? [thumbsup]

What car you drove, does it have to be heavily modded or can stock guys take part too ?

My 1.6 altis can or not ? [laugh]

Also, what is this competition license, is it an advanced driving course where they teach you racing skills ?

They teach you drifting etc ?

Bro,

Any car also can take part, dont hv to be heavily modded. In our car park rally, it's not so much abt power, but control. Why do u need 300hp in a space not more than 6m wide? Anybody can apply comp license.

wah u look like u know alot man????

not really. I believe there r many other more experience members here, they just dont want to talk since there r no more CP rallies here.

Time for a race track to be built in S'pore.

The govt allocates so much land for golf courses but none for even a small race track.

I thought there's going to have a world class race tract at Tuas?

Ya, the govt now regretting bypassing the F1 here.

Was watching the A1 GP in Indonesia, really big grand event, lots of fans. Can you imagine the revenue generated ?

Looks like there are still some things Singapore can learn from our northern neighbour.

Besides motorsports, can think of another very good example.... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Malaysia is also trying to bid of for hosting the World rally Championship...currently they are hosting the fifth round of APRC in August... [;)]

thinking of participle........

It's baaaaaaaaacccckkkk~~~

https://www.facebook.com/singaporemotorsportsassociation/photos/a.532258660235299.1073741828.531737560287409/847029788758183/?type=3&theater

D2H_4757.jpg

SMSA CAR PARK RALLY @ CHANGI REIGNITES THE KALLANG ENGINE ROAR

SINGAPORE – 21 MARCH 2016 – Almost a decade since the car parks at the old National Stadium played host to Singapore’s unique take on automobile racing, the old Kallang engine roar is about to be ignited again – this time, at a new location.

Local enthusiasts and fans will fondly remember the days of the Kallang car park rallies, weekend racing events that started shortly after the last Singapore Grand Prix ended in 1973. The courses dealt abrupt 90-degree turns, intense straight sprints and complex direction changes, and gave both drivers and navigators a tough challenge. The cars that raced at these car park rally events provided a different sort of Kallang roar – from the high-revving screams of naturally aspirated engines to whistling howls of turbocharged power plants, it was a feast for the senses for participants and spectators alike.

Local dealership-backed entries from Suzuki, Renault, Mazda and Nissan spawned small and agile lightweight weapons suited to the tight and twisty sections in the 1980s. In the 1990s, high-powered rally specials from Subaru and Mitsubishi took up ranks in the top classes, resulting in some of the fiercest rivalries amongst motorsports competitors this island has ever seen. As a result, many notable local grassroots motorsports heroes were crowned at these events – many whom graduated to become famous international Singaporean racers.
We are now at the precipice of a thrilling revival of this golden age.

This year, the Singapore Motor Sports Association is set to bring back the glory days of Kallang, but now with a vast new location at Changi. The large car park of Aviation Park Road will now play host to the SMSA Car Park Rally @ Changi, with a mixture of hard tarmac and loose gravel to add even more spice to the competition. Sponsors from Motul, Dunlop Tyres, VP Racing Fuels and Monster Energy have also indicated their immediate support for this new initiative.

This one-off event is scheduled to happen on 8th May 2016 – so come and be part of the new Changi racing roar! For parties interested in sponsorships, please send an email to [email protected] or call +65 6227 7889 for more information.