• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1495 replies to this topic | 1,896 praises

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Rim wider than tyres. Curved sidewalks for sports look.

Looks weird. Why don't just go for lower profile tires and bigger rims if you want sporty look? This just looks like tire too small for the rim

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looks weird. Why don't just go for lower profile tires and bigger rims if you want sporty look? This just looks like tire too small for the rim.

I think it's the way the rim is constructed. I'm on 18x8 with 225 tyres and the rims protrude out slightly also.

IMG_6487.PNG

Edited by Theoldjaffa, 18 February 2017 - 10:34 PM.

--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:17 AM

coolbluepica
  • coolbluepica
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Looks weird. Why don't just go for lower profile tires and bigger rims if you want sporty look? This just looks like tire too small for the rim.

Bcos the rim only have 8.5J. And 225 tyre is the max width my car can go. If go for 235 will change the speedo reading.

I think it's the way the rim is constructed. I'm on 18x8 with 225 tyres and the rims protrude out slightly also.

attachicon.gifIMG_6487.PNG

Correct lor. It's the design of the rim. I think racing rims all look like this.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Bcos the rim only have 8.5J. And 225 tyre is the max width my car can go. If go for 235 will change the speedo reading.

Correct lor. It's the design of the rim. I think racing rims all look like this.

Speedo is ok, won't affect to a great difference.

I wanted 8.5 too, but production delayed till July so I got the 8.

Was planning to use my existing 225 on 8.5 and then use 235 for my next set of tyres with rim protector like F1A3

Edited by Theoldjaffa, 19 February 2017 - 09:34 AM.

--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:39 AM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Guess it is ok if going for the looks only. I tried 225 on 8.5 inch wide wheel and it didn't handle really well. But different 225 width tire look different on the same rim also. Some 225 tires seem wider and look better than others on the same rim.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

coolbluepica
  • coolbluepica
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Speedo is ok, won't affect to a great difference.

I wanted 8.5 too, but production delayed till July so I got the 8.

Was planning to use my existing 225 on 8.5 and then use 235 for my next set of tyres with rim protector like F1A3

The overall circumference for 235 is bigger than 225, and 235 will be more heavy. If 235 tyres sidewall will be more thick. Anyway they only have 8.5J and I don't want to change the speedo reading and put more weight. So just run with 225 first. Maybe next tyre change to 235.

Guess it is ok if going for the looks only. I tried 225 on 8.5 inch wide wheel and it didn't handle really well. But different 225 width tire look different on the same rim also. Some 225 tires seem wider and look better than others on the same rim.

For CSC5 handling is ok. Much better than previous 225 on 7J. I would prefer 8J actually. Cos Evo using 9J already.

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

cam_jones
  • cam_jones
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

attachicon.gifIMG_6487.PNG

This is Rim looks magnificent. I love it. Thanks for sharing it.

------------------------------------

For Best Deals on Rims and Tyres, Please Visit Our Website at http://www.tyres.net/.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The overall circumference for 235 is bigger than 225, and 235 will be more heavy. If 235 tyres sidewall will be more thick. Anyway they only have 8.5J and I don't want to change the speedo reading and put more weight. So just run with 225 first. Maybe next tyre change to 235.
For CSC5 handling is ok. Much better than previous 225 on 7J. I would prefer 8J actually. Cos Evo using 9J already.

shouldnt you downsize the sidewall height when you up the tyre width

eg 225 45 becomes 235 40 

therefore overall circumference still can maintain and speedo reading not affected, or very immaterial difference

one problem with wider tyres is that when you full lock the steering to left or right, it will rub the inner walls wheel well/cavity/arch

Side view

attachicon.gifsideview.png

white car with black rims is an excellent combi

change to red nuts will be nice too!

LOL share poison

Staff69 praised this
Mirror. Signal. Outmaneuver.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

coolbluepica
  • coolbluepica
    1st Gear
    Author Image

shouldnt you downsize the sidewall height when you up the tyre width

eg 225 45 becomes 235 40

therefore overall circumference still can maintain and speedo reading not affected, or very immaterial difference

one problem with wider tyres is that when you full lock the steering to left or right, it will rub the inner walls wheel well/cavity/arch

white car with black rims is an excellent combi

change to red nuts will be nice too!

LOL share poison

My stock is 225/45/17. Now 225/40/18. Downsize sidewall is only to fit in upsized rim radius. 235 overall circumference is bigger than 225, irregardless of sidewall profile. Bro think u Google it will show u all the circumference and max rim width for 225 tyres is 8.5J. I researched a lot before changing to this.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

AcuraNSX
  • Premium member
    AcuraNSX
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hehe.. I'll start the ball (or rather wheels) rolling..

replica 15" volks CE28N with pilot sport precedas. wink.gif

15 inch still da best!

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:30 PM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My stock is 225/45/17. Now 225/40/18. Downsize sidewall is only to fit in upsized rim radius. 235 overall circumference is bigger than 225, irregardless of sidewall profile. Bro think u Google it will show u all the circumference and max rim width for 225 tyres is 8.5J. I researched a lot before changing to this.

not all 235. 235/35R18 is still smaller than 225/45/17, but difference from stock is 2%, not ideal, but depends on whether the tyre comes in that size or not

my thinking is that since 8.5J should go for 245/35/18, only less than 1% smaller in circumference than your stock 225/45/r17, very close match.

imo, 225 on 8.5j is too narrow. since you got wide wheels, should take wider tyres, more grip! 

anyway you happy can liao, just my two cents  :a-good:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

coolbluepica
  • coolbluepica
    1st Gear
    Author Image

not all 235. 235/35R18 is still smaller than 225/45/17, but difference from stock is 2%, not ideal, but depends on whether the tyre comes in that size or not

my thinking is that since 8.5J should go for 245/35/18, only less than 1% smaller in circumference than your stock 225/45/r17, very close match.

imo, 225 on 8.5j is too narrow. since you got wide wheels, should take wider tyres, more grip!

anyway you happy can liao, just my two cents :a-good:

Thanks bro. I'm considering the unsprung weight too. Worried heavy tyres.
TangoElite praised this

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks bro. I'm considering the unsprung weight too. Worried heavy tyres.

yes true, too heavy acceleration sluggish and FC also suffer 

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:14 PM

Noob79
  • Premium member
    Noob79
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Very sporting and nice...

I was looking at 57 too. But decided to bite the bullet to get the VR G25. One time pain and "leak saliva" Everyday.

Newbie26 praised this

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Maybe you missed out something during your research...

http://www.brick-yar...topic60146.html

225 is the min size for 8.5J rims, that is probably why people find it thin. Ideal width is 235 or 245. This other website will corrobate the info.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

coolbluepica
  • coolbluepica
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Maybe you missed out something during your research...

http://www.brick-yar...topic60146.html

225 is the min size for 8.5J rims, that is probably why people find it thin. Ideal width is 235 or 245. This other website will corrobate the info.

http://www.tyresizec...idth-calculator

Ya I don't wanna increase tyre weight and change the circumference.

yes true, too heavy acceleration sluggish and FC also suffer

Ya true. This profile 40 a lot of road noise compared to 45. So 35 will be worst.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Avant Garde F230

Avant Garde F230  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Tictactoe  |  Clutched

The fantastic rims for my ride.

Fitted this on my MPV, and am I so glad I got this set of rims. My ride now looks fierce, with metallic shiny finish that makes it stands out at the same time. These rims are fairly light, hence improving my performance noticeably! Pickup is... » Read More

Avant Garde M359

Avant Garde M359  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Fendytoot  |  Clutched

Avant Garde rimsAvant Garde rims

Got myself the matte black and like the design a lot. Gives the vehicle a much more expensive look and best of all, it is pretty light. Price was decent and it seems durable though it is still a bit too early to judge now still.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Rim

Quick Reply

Tags: proud, your, rims, post, here

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (2), Bing (1), Google (1)