Proud of your RIMS? Post it HERE!

Chneo1982

Hi Guys, need advise from anyone that have changed to lighter rims and whether the effect can be felt? both handling and fuel economy?

I am currently driving a Honda Stream RSZ which is on 17inch stock rims. 

i understand the stock 17inch rims is about 10kg per rim and mid range lightweight rims of the same size in the market is 7kg.

3kg off each rim is about 30% off weight. I tried to hold on to a 3kg dumbbell and heavy say heavy, light say not light also. 

Hence like to check with members here (those who have changed to lightweight rims) if the effect from the lightweight rims can be felt? So as to justify the high cost of the rims.

the rims i set my eyes on is OZ racing (not forged but cast flow technology something like that) $450 per rim (total $1,800).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys, need advise from anyone that have changed to lighter rims and whether the effect can be felt? both handling and fuel economy?

i understand the stock 17inch rims is about 10kg per rim and mid range lightweight rims of the same size in the market is 7kg.

3kg off each rim is about 30% off weight. I tried to hold on to a 3kg dumbbell and heavy say heavy, light say not light also. 

Hence like to check with members here (those who have changed to lightweight rims) if the effect from the lightweight rims can be felt? So as to justify the high cost of the rims.

the rims i set my eyes on is OZ racing (not forged but cast flow technology something like that) $450 per rim (total $1,800).

Thanks in advance.

Skeptical. 3kg x 4 rims = 12kg savings which is almost negligible...

Thanks in advance.

let me share MHO

if you run same tire and change the lighter rim (same specification)

you feel will be lighter and acceleration improved little

• Praise 2

Thanks in advance.

3kg off per rim is quite significant in terms of sudden acceleration, braking as well as changing of direction. Remember to look out for lighter weight tires too.

Supercharged

Thanks in advance.

1kg on a rim does made a diff. personal experience

i'm not a power hungry person, but i do find the diff.

another example is, 205 and 225, the width of a tyre. 20mm also made a diff. personal experience too.

I did that recently. Changed from stock rim 10kg to forged rim 7kg. Both 17 inch but the new rims width abit wider. Retained the same tyre for comparison. There is noticeable differences in many aspects especially over bumps and humps. The suspension seems to work faster due to less unsprung weight to manage.

Thanks Robert.you speaking from ur own experience?

yes

my personal experience plus

short listed write up plus

open big big listen to others (it had to be making sense too)

do remember

sometime Theory not = Practical

Neutral Newbie
Great to see a decent wheel for Xbone, but here is my question for Thomas. When I bought my CSWB V2 I bought the universal hub and GT AU wheel rim. 

So is there a way to just upgrade my universal hub to suit the xbone rather than ending up with 2 universal hubs.

If I had known that this was the way it would come around I would have bought a Formula wheel when I bought the CSWB V2 instead of the universal hub.

Any bros here familiar with Chrome rims? I just got mine but am wondering if those PPS like blacknano, CS-II, etc. will cause the chrome finish to peel/damage?? AM planning to have PPS done to my car and most PPS detailers does 2 layer coatings to the rims. Any Bro can advise?

Any bros here familiar with Chrome rims? I just got mine but am wondering if those PPS like blacknano, CS-II, etc. will cause the chrome finish to peel/damage?? AM planning to have PPS done to my car and most PPS detailers does 2 layer coatings to the rims. Any Bro can advise?

most Chrome rims cant survive here for long time

A good Quality may last longer like 5 years with minimum corrosion

some can start to corrode within just few weeks

I wont just simply blame  the Quality , is probably our humidity and rains and shine

some could be due to mech job which could cause Chrome to crack accidentally or  not carefully(seriously speaking no mechanic can guaranty you this but can do their best to lower the risk 

just my personal point of views

Edited by Roberttan

Changed from stock FD rims to replica Rays Volk Racing TE37SL concave rims, slightly lighter than stock (carried both to compare [:p] ). Was torn between buying original Jap Rays rims and Replicas (read alot about them) but decided to go for the savings and get a taiwan (not china) rep, shld be ok *cross fingers*

Wanted to go big on size but fuel consumption is a concern so stuck to 16', went for the gunmetal or dark chrome look hahaha

post-156882-0-93242800-1472140172_thumb.jpg

post-156882-0-16045300-1472140426_thumb.jpg

Edited by SiLangKia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2