Proud of your RIMS? Post it HERE!

Chneo1982

Hi rims guru, I recently got my Vezel and is looking at upgrading my 16" to 18" hopefully without compromising the fuel efficiency too much.

I am looking at something like this:

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=spec+1+sp+10&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSmQEJ98EWnbh3jT0ajQELEKjU2AQaBggACAMICgwLELCMpwgaYgpgCAMSKPMBvwbyAfIfmgbABqwdmQKiBvgBkCaJIJYzozO6P8szyjPcJpIgyCYaMAyRE9jHdgrwSnWeTz3vNMAJhNW0C1-a8JMah7FKMUlDAmAIe69f-OxlAO-g0VVanCAEDAsQjq7-CBoKCggIARIEUA5o7gw&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-su7YhdLPAhUCSI8KHdtbBWwQwg4IFigA&biw=360&bih=512

I was advised to get lightweight rims with the following specs so that it wouldn't chanhe mt odometer too much

225/45/18

215/50/18

Any idea whwre I can get them?

TIA!

↡ Advertisement

Hi rims guru, I recently got my Vezel and is looking at upgrading my 16" to 18" hopefully without compromising the fuel efficiency too much.

I am looking at something like this:

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=spec+1+sp+10&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSmQEJ98EWnbh3jT0ajQELEKjU2AQaBggACAMICgwLELCMpwgaYgpgCAMSKPMBvwbyAfIfmgbABqwdmQKiBvgBkCaJIJYzozO6P8szyjPcJpIgyCYaMAyRE9jHdgrwSnWeTz3vNMAJhNW0C1-a8JMah7FKMUlDAmAIe69f-OxlAO-g0VVanCAEDAsQjq7-CBoKCggIARIEUA5o7gw&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-su7YhdLPAhUCSI8KHdtbBWwQwg4IFigA&biw=360&bih=512

I was advised to get lightweight rims with the following specs so that it wouldn't chanhe mt odometer too much

225/45/18

215/50/18

Any idea whwre I can get them?

TIA!

two size bigger sure will increase FC, if just purely on looks, why not 17?

tyres are cheaper and easier to find than 18. plus vezel isn't a sedan so the profile with the 18 might look odd

Skeptical. 3kg x 4 rims = 12kg savings which is almost negligible...

Wrong.

Turning moment on unsprung weight need to multiply by a factor of 3+ (pi).

So acceleration will experience an equivalent unsprung weight reduction of close to 40kg!!!

That's reason why the top racing rim manufacturers strive to reduce wheel mass through flow-forming casts, or forging. Every kg reduction counts!

Wrong.

Turning moment on unsprung weight need to multiply by a factor of 3+ (pi).

So acceleration will experience an equivalent unsprung weight reduction of close to 40kg!!!

That's reason why the top racing rim manufacturers strive to reduce wheel mass through flow-forming casts, or forging. Every kg reduction counts!

thanks for sharing [thumbsup]

MHO . ultra light weight rim is best use on lower and sport suspension to maximize the performance

Yes , you do feel the acceleration is more responsive.

Top racing rim manufacturer working very hard to make the road rim lighter but don't compromised on Safety like the strength of the rim, unlike some rim manufacture lighten the rim by skimming the rim which weakened  the strength of rim(I personally cant accept it)

If you do research properly, top rim manufacture designed and produced light weight rim mainly for car generally heavy and high performance.

just POV

Hi I will getting my Toyota wish, Like to find out is it necessary to upgrade the rim from 15" to 16"?

Will the FC decrease?

One of the tyre allow me to trade in my rim + tyre at $400. Is it worth?

Hi I will getting my Toyota wish, Like to find out is it necessary to upgrade the rim from 15" to 16"?

Will the FC decrease?

One of the tyre allow me to trade in my rim + tyre at $400. Is it worth?

If upgrade Jst go for 17" or 18" n must be a original rim n not replica

• Praise 9

Hi is this OZ racing Leggera HLT? I'm using exactly the same thing and same colour!

Hi bro, i am looking at this rims as well. Light weight HLT.

The only concern is i din change BBK scare the 18" rims will look empty due to the thin spokes.

The only concern is i din change BBK scare the 18" rims will look empty due to the thin spokes.

Hi bro, mine is also stock brakes. I think 18" still not that bad.

OZ quite good quality and lasting. I say go for it!

• Praise 1

Another model I am lookng at is Alleggerita which is also light weight but the spokes din extend all the way to the circumference i think it will look small. Lol

• Praise 1

Bro you brought from where and how much? I think Hurry price is cheaper than

Leong Seng.

Bro you brought from where and how much? I think Hurry price is cheaper than

Leong Seng.

I got all my tyres and rims from LS. I didn't compare to Hurry's price. But I hear Hurry also quite good and reputable. Edited by Weez911

You think too much lah
↡ Advertisement