Proud of your RIMS? Post it HERE!

Chneo1982

Sorry to see that. Heartpain :(

Maybe next set of tyres, get those with rim protector.

If you are not already using blind spot mirror, go shell and buy the polyway 360 mirror. It's the best in clarity.

It's Not for checking blind spot, but for looking out for kerbs in carpark ramps and carpark lots. Saved my ass a lot of times.

Good idea bro. You are right. I can't see the kerb on the left side.

880 for the set of 4? Where is the production for this rim now? Tempted to get a set too.

Bro it's $880 for one piece. Overall quite worth for the quality and light weight. Better acceleration and steering response.

If brand new ... at $880 for 4 pcs, then probably Taiwan (or China) replicas.

Example: A made-in-Japan Advan Racing rims would cost about >$2,000 for 4 pcs (depending on rim size). Forged ones cost even more.

But this are much lighter at 6+ kg per rim.

Does any bros know the weight of my Rays ? I don't even know as can't find the specs with weight indicated.
↡ Advertisement

Good idea bro. You are right. I can't see the kerb on the left side.

Bro it's $880 for one piece. Overall quite worth for the quality and light weight. Better acceleration and steering response.

Does any bros know the weight of my Rays ? I don't even know as can't find the specs with weight indicated.

You never weigh the rims

I always weigh my new rims and even tyres before they are fitted in. Either bring your own scales or most good shops will provide on request. Below photos at leong seng.

te37sl 17/7.5/+40mm

post-26187-0-86324900-1485847104_thumb.jpg

post-26187-0-43617300-1485847112_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

I forgot to weigh tyres!

don't forget to weight the Driver and Passengers

I always weigh my new rims and even tyres before they are fitted in. Either bring your own scales or most good shops will provide on request. Below photos at leong seng.

te37sl 17/7.5/+40mm

hi

what is the reason and result after you got the numbers

heavier rim and tire

heavier rim and lighter tire

lighter rim and tire

lighter rim and heavier tire

thanks in advance for your answer

don't forget to weight the Driver and Passengers

hi

what is the reason and result after you got the numbers

heavier rim and tire

heavier rim and lighter tire

lighter rim and tire

lighter rim and heavier tire

thanks in advance for your answer

I weigh them to verify their weight is indeed as spec. Important cos weight saving is always the main reason i change fr stock rims. And fake rims will likely be heavier than real. Stock was 10kg and new is 7kg which is quite substantial.

Some of your questions are outside the scope of my application like weight distribution inner and outer circumf so i cannot comment. I can only comment base on overall weight of wheel fr change in rim but same tire. 15% reduction in weight estimated to give fuel saving less than 5% if any and acceleration in general less than what can be felt as i dont do timing.

Ride quality improvement can be felt.

I have not been a person to take care of rims or bother about cleanliness of rims.

But the Rays rim finishing, like one bro here mentioned, is TOP notch. Great metallic paint finishing.. makes me wanna keep it clean.. now thinking seriously of changing to a Low dust pads like EBC Red Stuff from Yellow Stuff.. simply too much dust and too fast now

post-24802-0-27341400-1486875838_thumb.jpg

post-24802-0-38830300-1486875862_thumb.jpg

post-24802-0-34389200-1486875894_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2