C180 and c200 uses different engines?

Sturtles

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/Main/tuningpro...performancekits

KLEEMANN Engine Performance Kits

Low cost - effective tuning

KLEEMANN has developed an array of power enhancing Engine Performance Kits for Mercedes-Benz cars fitted with a standard OE Kompressor including AMG models. The simple yet effective design ensures years of reliable performance.

Specific to each Mercedes-Benz model, the KLEEMANN Engine Performance Kit contains a custom-made pulley set, high airflow filters and a K-Box. The pulley is CNC machined and the diameter is increased and precision balanced to ensure a long service life and full vibration dampening. A new belt idler and serpentine belt is also fitted to maintain OE specifications for belt tension and high-flow air filters reduce pressure drops inside the air box to maximize airflow.

The result is greatly improved power and torque throughout the entire engine operating range with crisp throttle response and perfect drivability. Power gains are as much as 20 percent both in horsepower and torque.

The KLEEMANN engine performance kit is available for the following engines: 1.8 (M271), 2.0 (M111K), 2.3 (M111K), 3.2 (M112K) and 5.5 (M113K).

-------------------------------------------------

I've got a question...

The kleeman's kits should be giving the c180K the same performance as a kleemen's kitted c230K.. but this is not the case... does anyone know why?

Edited by Sturtles
↡ Advertisement

C&C said the C180 and C200 had same kompressor engines, but the C200 is a supercharged one givng greater power. Thats what the sales executive said when I was there last w/e. did know of kleeman as I thot good tuning only from AMG.

side track a bit sorry, does BMW has similar tuning stuffs[good ones] as done by AC Sh???

Neutral Newbie

C180 is also supercharged i believe

maybe different supercharger size? [drivingcar]

http://www.acschnitzer.com/

i think u have to ask performance motors.

159944, SGP,

Singapore

Performance Motors Limited

315 Alexandra Road #01-01

Performance Centre

6319 0828

Edited by Cyberet

hmm.. i see... could be the case.. although the engines are the same, the supercharger is differently sized.

But from the specs of the kleemen, it seems the c200K and the c230K uses about the same supercharger only 5 hp difference

Neutral Newbie

they're using a technology called TwinPulse...where the engine cc is the same...but the power output is different. i remember that it should be C180 and C200 which has the same CC...but different cam profile and ECU program.

i see... its very plausible too

But with the less agressive cam profile of the c180, does it mean it saves even more fuel?

The 200K is already quite a sipper liao, matching even some 1.6L cars like sunny and lancers..

The 180K, hmm.... maybe sip like a vios? hahaha

No lah.. i was thinking if i tio toto, then maybe get a 180K, then lup he kleeman kit, can get equivalent power as a 230K...

but it seems max is about 193hp, which is not too bad for a 1.8L already...

Neutral Newbie

the c200 if driven with a light foot for the whole journey, can get 10km/l

on local expressways with speed limiter, its about 12km/l

but average records since day1 till now is about 9km/l [laugh]

not bad for a heavy 1.8L car [;)]

recently went for a gearbox overhaul & engine had some carbon buildup problem though [:(]

Edited by Cyberet

I get 8L/100km on the E200K M271 on 70% highway, 30% normal urban. That's 12.5km per L!

On night cruising from work to home on highway, I've even hit 7.6L/100km, or 13km/L.

The E200K and C200K uses the same M271 tuned to 163bhp and 240Nm.

The C180K uses the same M271 engine, but the Kompressor is less aggressive with a different ECU map, hence the lower bhp and torque.

Hence the Kleemann kit is pulley + K-Box (air fuel ratio piggy back) for E200K and C200K, and only K-Box for C180K.

The M271 engine is great stuff, giving very good FC and overall performance for a 1.8L SC engine. It's a bonus too given our crazy road tax system that taxes according to cc!

Hmm.. if the 180K is only different from the 200k and 230k, do you know why the hp figures produced after the k-kit is different for all the 3 models?

Also, the ecu map could already be affected by the k-box to achieve the same actual mapping as the 200 and 230k... otherwise, a simple ecu change could help too :)

i realy think there are different models of supercharger mounted on the m271 hence the difference in performance after kitting

In addition to the Kleemann pulley cum piggyback kit,

all m271 owners can get this, for another 25+- horses to pull the car...

so a c200k will become 210hp+25 with 300Nm+some..

Not bad for a run-of-the-mill car [thumbsup]

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/015A80FE-E6D3-...D0E690CBCD6.htm

ore power - Better sound

The KLEEMANN tubular exhaust headers remove exhaust backpressure allowing the engine to breathe freely and thereby produce more power.

Supercharged as well as normally aspirated engines will benefit from the use of KLEEMANN Stainless Steel Headers. A normally aspirated engine will typically gain 7 to 10 percent in horsepower and torque, while a supercharged engine will gain as much as 15 percent in horsepower and torque.

KLEEMANN headers are made of high quality stainless steel and feature mandrel bends, precision water-jet cut flanges, larger primary pipe diameters, and larger collectors and down-pipes. KLEEMANN headers integrate with the stock engine management flawlessly with no need for further modification.

V6 and V8

The KLEEMANN Tubular Exhaust Headers fit all V6 and V8 engines, and combined with a KLEEMANN exhaust system the sound is just phenomenal - something you have to experience.

More power for 4 cyl. models

New for 2006 is the tubular header for the four cylinder M271-engine mounted in all newer 180, 200 and 230-models. Fitted with the new high flow header and down pipe power output is increased with up to 25 Hp on the 1.8 litre Kompressor engine.

OK! Will keep it in mind and try to make it.

The Mercedes delphi forum has a really unfriendly interface. Wish we could have a proper forum for sg Mercedes like IntegraSG or the BMW club. Oh well...

↡ Advertisement