Surbo Turbo ?? try experience??

Les1971

edit:

the surbo is not a powered thing right? it's like a one way fan that spins as the suction draws the air in.. when the throttle is suddenly let go, the fan is stil spinning and thus continues to 'compress' the air inside.

then u open full throttle to 'activate' it, and this surge of air goes into the intake directly, giving a temporary 'boost' in power

but i'd say it won't work... how much air can a fan, driven by inertia compress? either it is very heavy and has lots of momentum to compress more air, but this restricts the air flowing in the first place... or it is too light, even more useless

what boost gauge installed... that 'boost' gauge is not even reading positive pressure in the diagram [:/]

use vacuum gauge enough already lah

Edited by Yc86

Neutral Newbie

surbo is not a fan, I've seen it before just before thinking about buying and it looks very much like the piece of metal cyclone... I seriously dunno how a piece of metal that impedes even more air into the intake can help. I was rejected as a customer because I had upgraded my rims...

Edited by Spade

yah, it has a moving fan inside the cyclone shaped thingy right?

if its just a cyclone with fixed vanes inside, even more [thumbsdown]

what spin the air nonsense.. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Perhaps there are several ways of explaining cyclone and surbo effect.

If I still remembered what taught in school, air pressure falls as air velocity increases. Seems to me the swirling extended the distance to be travelled by air. For the same induction flow rate (travelling time), air velocity will have to rise inside the duct. Results is effective fall in pressure which can be translated as better suction that supposedly draws in more air. It probably benefits most during cruise having slightly more air drawn, hence improving FC.

But downside is the transcient for the swirling to build up. Previous style of throttling will feel lost in pickup. Most people will have to throttle alittle harder. City driving often suffers and FC might actually worsen.

The self-induced vacuum by sudden disruption of swirling might able to momentary produce sudden accceleration in certain cars.

Yeah, could be. Oh well, that's why I trust only one thing for any performance enhancement product: full fact sheet with dyno chart.

You'll be surprised how reluctant many of such product makers are to provide something as simple as that.

That's why reputed tuners, especially those for Conti's, would not hesitate to publish their dyno tunes.

edit:

the surbo is not a powered thing right? it's like a one way fan that spins as the suction draws the air in.. when the throttle is suddenly let go, the fan is stil spinning and thus continues to 'compress' the air inside.

then u open full throttle to 'activate' it, and this surge of air goes into the intake directly, giving a temporary 'boost' in power

but i'd say it won't work... how much air can a fan, driven by inertia compress? either it is very heavy and has lots of momentum to compress more air, but this restricts the air flowing in the first place... or it is too light, even more useless

what boost gauge installed... that 'boost' gauge is not even reading positive pressure in the diagram [:/]

use vacuum gauge enough already lah

turbo is snail...

surbo is fan... [laugh]

yah, it has a moving fan inside the cyclone shaped thingy right?

if its just a cyclone with fixed vanes inside, even more [thumbsdown]

what spin the air nonsense.. [laugh]

it got those fins that looks like a fan...

but i think it wun turn one....

the shape to to make the air that goes in "turn"...

↡ Advertisement