Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Sabian

Neutral Newbie

Any idea how it will match up against Bridgestone S03PP?

Since RE050A didn't do too well, wouldn't expect S03 to have any place in that list right?

the main reason for not comparing the SO3 is probably the cost factor, being more expensive then the tires that were on the test list.

anyway, the dry is better then the F1, and the wet is good also, but think is not as good as the F1 in the wet condition. Cornering on the SO3 is definitely firmer then on the F1.

Neutral Newbie

Hi users of the F1 GS D3 tyres, can you review and share your experience with this tyre particularly with increasing mileage ? its really good value, but I've been hearing that tire noise may be a problem.

My current F1 GS-D3 has only run for less than 10,000km and it's still ok. But my experience with F1 GS-D2 (the previous model) is that it will be noisy after around 15,000km. Performace tyres tends to be noisy and comfort tyres are generally quieter.

Neutral Newbie

thanks... got some reviews from another vw passat owner saying the same thing. is it still one of the quieter performance wheels around ?

tyre reviews below 5000 km should generally be considered lightly as its too easy to "rig" the results. its how the tyre performs from 5,000 to 25,000 km that's more telling about the whole design and especially quality for regular street drivers.

I'm on the GS-D3 now, but must say that it seems that it wears out faster as compared to the Maxis that I had on the previous ride, 17" on VW Passat. The Maxxis tyres still looked new after 10,000, but the GS-D3 18" only 5K and looks quite worn... [:(]

F1 have a softer compound cos it also perform better. The quietest performance tyres I have tried is the ContiSportContact 2...but it also waer fast...like the F1.

Neutral Newbie

that's strange for the CSC2 ... I had them on my 17" and they hardened although the thread wear was still ok ... had to change as the ride becomes very firm and the noise unbearable.

Neutral Newbie

i had the same problem with the CSC's - and slippery on wet cement in car parks too !

↡ Advertisement