Suzuki APV

Bibill

Anyone feedback on this ride? Price looks economical for a 8 seater. How is the drive, fuel consumption and overall performance? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

At $56k looks like a great deal for a 8 seater..been seeing quite a few on the road.

Veh curb weight is 1309kg. Assuming average weight of all 8 passengers is 70kg..that's total of 1309kg + 560kg = 1869kg.

Powered by 1600cc sohc engine with 92bhp mated to AT...does it crawl or walk? [laugh]

laugh.giflaugh.gif And seriously, should test drive with full load, aircon full blast and try to see whether it can go up steep slopes or steep mscp ramps, like the one at centrepoint etc..sly.gif

Neutral Newbie

I personally think that it's an economical people mover. Good if you need the space and is on a tight budget. The only thing I cannot get over is that the engine is under the driver's seat. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

ya...quite a feat for a 1.6l...does it really crawl and refuse to go up slope?...hope there are some owners here who can share an experience...i think it really look like a van...the look factor is all the way down but it is very economical for a 2nd weekend plated car...

Neutral Newbie

I don't know. It just makes it more van-like than car-like. I just happened to check out the car when I was in suzuki's showroom.

And about the power... I think any car can take on slopes even on full load. It's just what gear and speed you can take it with.

Agree with MOK_. Biggest problem is the engine under the driver's seat. Ok while driving but try switching off the engine and wait inside the car. You will know what a furnace feels like very quickly.

Agree .. It would have been nice if they provide an option for Manuel gear, then there should be no issue of under power. When I ask the SE why don't have manuel as an option and was given a lousy answer Manuel is for local market(Indonesia), while Auto is available for export.

If you go to the Malaysia site, both Manuel and Auto is available. The SE need more education they treat customer like low IQ. They are not up to date. Custoner are more inform now a day, they better do their homework. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

I can't imagine stopping on a steep carpark slope to insert the ticket and trying to move off balancing the clutch and gas with a full load in the car. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has experience with Trajet and Apv? Both have equally bad FC I guess. Which one will you choose?

Anyone has experience with Trajet and Apv? Both have equally bad FC I guess. Which one will you choose?

I have not tried the Trajet but actually the APV is not that bad though I won't say it's good either. I have been driving a 4 yr old for just about 2 months now and I feel that it served it's intended purpose rather well.

I use it to fetch 6 of my office staff to and from Jurong West & Tuas and they all commented it's quite comfortable. Power, I would say, is only enough for point A to B travel. Pickup from the lighs is no better than nearly all other vehicles but once you get up to 70kph it's quite OK. Going up Benjamin Sheares bridge is of course a bit of a challenge and crosswind is felt all the time. Consumption range from 8.5 km/l to 10 km/l depending on start stop driving and highway cruising.

I discounted the Wish and Carens as they both felt cramped but the APV's strong point is the feeling of space in the cabin.

Agree .. It would have been nice if they provide an option for Manuel gear, then there should be no issue of under power. When I ask the SE why don't have manuel as an option and was given a lousy answer Manuel is for local market(Indonesia), while Auto is available for export.

If you go to the Malaysia site, both Manuel and Auto is available. The SE need more education they treat customer like low IQ. They are not up to date. Custoner are more inform now a day, they better do their homework. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

You got the point. You are right. I ever pop into Champion Motors to look at Suzuki Carry. To check battery electrolyte level, the van/MPV got to be sent to the workshop for the front seat to be dismmantled and re-installed after that.

Anyone feedback on this ride? Price looks economical for a 8 seater. How is the drive, fuel consumption and overall performance? Thanks.

I believe it is a van modified to be use as MPV. May have limited hill-climbing/acceleration ablility. Not sure if the brakes are adequate. The driver could be on a hot seat once the air-con is switched off with the engine running below the seat (frying the driver's butt + didi). FC expected to be seriously affectedby any traffic jam, strat-stop driving.

↡ Advertisement