Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
56 replies to this topic | 30 praises

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:06 PM

Babymushroom
  • Babymushroom
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Anyone knows? Yesterday bought a towel that sucks ... it only moves the water from 1 end of my car bonnet to the other .. never suck it up at all ...

Anyone know where to get a good towel ?

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:08 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ever tried using a large bath towel? Damn effective. wink.gif

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:12 PM

Babymushroom
  • Babymushroom
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

That was what I bought ... a bath towel ... lolz ... it does not absorb at all :(

Maybe wrong material... dunno how to see which material is absorbant or not

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:14 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

No,dun use new one. Use your oldest seasoned cotton towel.

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:17 PM

Babymushroom
  • Babymushroom
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Will that make a difference? ;p Absorb my body "jing hua" then can absorb water ar ;p hehe

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:20 PM

Smiley
  • Smiley
    Supercharged
    Author Image

why dun you try those cloth that india car washer use. very cheap abt a dollar each at Carrefur (wrong spelling!!!) petrol station wl cost a bit more but bigger.

Tips: soak well in water at least 2 times before use. you wl hv blue lagoon, red sunrise, teh-o depending on the colour of the cloth.

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:22 PM

Babymushroom
  • Babymushroom
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Wow you tried b4? Absorbant or not? Maybe can go take a look biggrin.gif

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:22 PM

Tea3
  • Tea3
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Bought a big piece of chamois from Giant. Not too bad. Cut it into smaller pieces. It works better when it is slightly damp. thumbsup.gif
Expectation too high?

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:24 PM

Babymushroom
  • Babymushroom
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I am using a Chimos already biggrin.gif but I want the final drying cause Chamios will still leave a slight layer of water behind and I want to use a towel just to dry it totally up and not wait for it to dry biggrin.gif

Bought mine from Giant too .. Mr Clean Chamios biggrin.gif

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:26 PM

Chris_ck
  • Chris_ck
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ya new towel even when you use for bathing i realise they dun really absorb the water but after some use yes
I'm gonna live my life like everyday's the last

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:32 PM

Smiley
  • Smiley
    Supercharged
    Author Image

yeap, using now. see how fast the india washer clean a car and you wl know how absorbant it is. they dry one car in abt 4 wipes. me a few more times becos i more KS and wipe the "hidden places" as well.

alternative if you willing to spend more, try chamois. many MCF brothers using. based on the quality, the price varies. 20 bucks should get a relative good and lasting one.

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:53 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well, since i dun use a chamois to dry myself after a shower so i figured a bath towel would do the car juz fine. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 20 February 2003 - 03:08 PM

Babymushroom
  • Babymushroom
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Any idea what is the name of the cloth ? Got so many different types out there

Posted 20 February 2003 - 03:51 PM

Smiley
  • Smiley
    Supercharged
    Author Image

cheap cloth, so no name. ah, looks like those we use to polish our army boots.

Posted 20 February 2003 - 04:19 PM

Phalanx
  • Phalanx
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Meguiar has a certain type of cloth for drying, not the Ultimate Wipe.
-------------------------------------------

There is more to life than here and now...

Posted 20 February 2003 - 04:39 PM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Try getting a rubber strip like a wiper blade and pull the water off first....

Posted 20 February 2003 - 07:25 PM

Gadgeter
That's what I have... thumbsup.gif
What Happens on the Road, Stays on the Road.
The Gadgeter
In Loving Memory: 1930 - 2008 Feb 24.

Posted 20 February 2003 - 07:42 PM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Very good to use, hor.... Make drying the car so easy....

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:29 PM

Gadgeter
Yup... thumbsup.gif

Edited by Gadgeter, 20 February 2003 - 08:29 PM.

What Happens on the Road, Stays on the Road.
The Gadgeter
In Loving Memory: 1930 - 2008 Feb 24.

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:35 PM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Cutting drying time by full and prevent water spot from forming....

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Where, good, towel, that, super and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users