Getting a Kelisa

Vroomvroom

Thanks for the pre-warned. [thumbsup]

At 34.9k (Cheapest ride in town) My expectation are not high. Cant expect it to be problem free. Infact, my friend's vios (which cost close to 15k more) has its own fair share of problems..which caught me by surprise when told. I think when it comes to problem on cars, sometime really got to depend on luck. If one is damm unlucky to get a problematic car...dan really damm jia lat....

My first choice was Latio Sports than to Jazz than to Sirion than to Picanto and now finally Kelisa. (I can afford all those above mentioned)Why than kelisa?...after much deliberation, (personal opinion) i dun see the need to spend more $$ on an OPC. Hence I opt for super budget.I rather save the $$ and use it for travelling to see the world... And thank god, after test driving the kelisa, I am quite satisfied with what i saw and sat on. To me, its simply fantastic value for $$ as compared to 1-2 yrs ago.

My decision may seems to based alot on $$ saving...one may ask than, why not stick to our world class transport? you probably can save even more.

My reply would be-- not buying a car is out of questions. I need it to have a life. [flowerface]

Just my own opinion...hehehe share share [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yeah.... but Perodua cars are far better built and problem free compared to Proton cars. Mine is over 3 yrs.. still 101% no problem.

At 34.9k (Cheapest ride in town) My expectation are not high. Cant expect it to be problem free. Infact, my friend's vios (which cost close to 15k more) has its own fair share of problems..which caught me by surprise when told. I think when it comes to problem on cars, sometime really got to depend on luck. If one is damm unlucky to get a problematic car...dan really damm jia lat....

Care to share with us?

What problems did your friend's Vios face?

To name afew...

wiper spoilt within a week.

those lever/button to open the boot, bonnet has already detached within a few months.

creaking sounds under car carriage within months as well.

[shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

Than what's the point of paying a premium for a Toyota?

Or could your friend's case be an exception? As in he got a lemon?

Its not amatter of luck. There shd be proper QC.

Too many lemons in a production line can tarnish a car manufacturer's branding and image.

All the problems mentioned are minor compared to Proton. To name a few problems in Protons:

1) Mis-allingned auto windows that jam up or broken plastic window rail

2) Doors closed.. dashboard still shows door not closed

3) Engine stalling

4) Rust

5) Any nest in car!!

6) Lights nor working properly/bulb burnt

7) Dashboard rattling noise

NB: these problems are discovered a few days after taking delivery of the NEW cars. Independant of which model.

I love it cos its the car now that will hurt my pocket the least. But.....

I will love it no more once my pocket is deeper. [sly]

Think carefully before u buy. U know, very soon after a few months of driving, u'll start to hunger for more power and a better car.

So if u dun really like the Kelisa, don't buy it. I was once in ur shoes also and now I'm regretting my decision. I"m not beginning to question myself, y not spend that few more K and get the car that I had really wanted all this while. [whip]

Edited by Rickster

Neutral Newbie

All of my friends who got the kielsa/kenari.. no problems at all. For the others... i will say.. GENERALLY Perodua has a better built quality compared to Proton.

Hi,

I checked on papers and need confirmation. Kelisa is currently the cheapest car at

$34.9K (M). Thats really affordable for a Point A to B car and on top of that, I heard the Manual version is pretty powerful. But is the price on their website accurate? Will test drive this sat.

Hope someone can help in my questions.

My questions are

1) What is the minimum loan and loan period for Perodua cars?

2) If I am getting an OPC (w some DP), my loan amount will probably be less than 15k. I

wonder if i can still get freebies or cash discount from the SE. Pls advice and let me

know what are the freebies that most people will ask for. (I would think for such a

small car, there is no need for reverse sensor and car alarm). Can some kind soul PM

me their deals and what they manage to get from the SE?

surely they must have make some good out of the FL model isnt it?

Hmmmm....

3) Is the stock tyre of kelisa 14 or 13inch? As there are no safety features on the car,

I would think a good pair of stock tyre would help. (No intention to do alot of

unnec modding)

Thanks alot and looking fwd to your reply! [flowerface]

Turbocharged

hey guys

i'm digging up this thread as i'm considering a 2nd hand kelisa.... a 4yr old one actually, auto transmission.

to owners, pros and cons please, especially maintenance issues.

many thanks!