Honda Edix review

Seansene

Supersonic
Yup, as my boss like saying, "Events force actions".

Driving like a grandfather now just to see the green 'ECO' light come up laugh.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif phew! was worried that u were actualli gonna go on a picnic....tongue.gif

great writeup, btw. wink.gif

↡ Advertisement

Last Aqua Metallic Edix somemore [sweatdrop][/reply]

Hi,

I wanted to book last year but I did not like Black nor light blue, no offend to you.

I only book it when I saw the Dark Blue. [flowerface] I love Stationwagon not MPV, so this is nice for me.

Neutral Newbie
Nice babe in nice pictures of a spanking new car. As I was saying, car pics just won't do without a nice girl in it. wink.gif

Haiya!!! Never die before is it?? Dare to look at my girl!!! rifle.gifknife.gifwhip.gif

(protective "Mommy Mode" ON... laugh.giflaugh.gif)

Neutral Newbie

Okay I'll take a couple of photos of my babe with my car, let Sean oggle as much as he wants 'kay? [;)]

[laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Your Edix is impressive!

I am having problem puting two child seats in my car, look like Edix can solve the problem. Child seat can be placed at the middle front seat, right?

What does the ECO light do?

Did you get an English manual?

I checked the spec, looks like it has the same engine as Stream, so I guess shouldn't have problem for parts. How is FC?

Very good review!

Being able to put two or three child seats behind is one of the main reasons why we went for the Edix. Currently our five-year-old son sits in the front middle with us when we send him to school.

But note that Honda reccomends this only with the centre seat at its rearmost position, to avoid contact between fagilr heads and an exploding airbag. And an absolute no-no is putting a rear-facing seat up-front. Other than that, the arrangement is pretty much up to you.

As for the ECO light, it is a green lamp in the instrument cluster that comes on when the engine is running frugally or in ECOnomy mode. You can think of it as a Grandfather-o-meter [:p]

Like everyone else, I got a Japanese manual (which you can download as well), so it's a good thing my wife reads Japanese. In any case, I'm searching for an English manual from the UK (their FR-V is virtually identical).

And yes, mechanically the Edix is very similar to the Stream, so parts are not a problem. It's still too early to talk about FC as I'm only on my second tank, but the last topup gave 11.3km/l, which is very decent for a start [thumbsup]

Hi Seansene,

Same as Stream??? You mean the 1.7L VTEC engine??? Wow, never know that!

Back to your pics, what rims are you using? Tyres? Are you using FORGED RIMS???

Thanks!

StormWave [sunny]

Yup, the very same 1.7 as the Stream, and the ES Civic VTI-S.

My rims are Taiwanese Avanti, pretty cheap. Tyres are BF Goodrich g-Force Sport, very good value for money.

Neutral Newbie

Bros,

I'm currently driving a Ford Focus MK1, it's coming

to two years of age this Apr and I'm feeling the itch

to change my ride again... :(

Looking at the reviews and photos that you have posted

of your Edix really made me drool. :)

Got a few questions that I hope you would be able to

advise on:

a. can five adults sit in the rear if all the three

rear seats are pushed level? Any change up to 8 ppl

can squeeze into the car and still breathe?

b. how is the handling of the car; it seems to be

quite a stable car given its broadness and the

relatively long wheelbase.

c. is it available through PI only currently?

d. how many years of warranty does the Edix come with?

e. what's the boot space like if the rear seats are

pushed level?

f. roughly how much does it cost with guaranteed COE?

Thanks in advance bros!

Best wishes,

Leon

Lemme see...

a. can five adults sit in the rear if all the three rear seats are pushed level? Any change up to 8 ppl can squeeze into the car and still breathe?

Errr... don't know, haven't tried. Three men are comfortable shoulder-to-shoulder, so I don't see why four small people can't fit at a squeeze. But five?? I guess if you need to do something like this on a regular basis, I suggest looking at an Estima or Elysion [sweatdrop]

b. how is the handling of the car; it seems to be quite a stable car given its broadness and the relatively long wheelbase.

The handling is not too shabby, for an MPV. Like I mentioned, the limits of grip are actually quite high, but it does not have the precision of the Mazda 5. Being a Focus driver, you should be able to understand. I haven't driven it past 110kmh, but up till then stability is not an issue.

c. is it available through PI only currently?

Yes. Kah Motors does not seem interested in it. I suspect due to the general local attitudes: why get six seats when you can get seven?

d. how many years of warranty does the Edix come with?

The usual for PIs: 3 years/60,000km.

e. what's the boot space like if the rear seats are pushed level?

As per my review: 439 litres.

f. roughly how much does it cost with guaranteed COE?

Depends who you ask. Current prices are higher than when I bought, due to the increased COE price. Also depends on the amount of loan rebate (if applicable). I would be looking at an effective price of $68-70k.

Sean,

I notice yr Edix came with leather upholstery. Is that standard from the PI you had bought from?

The last I enquired from various PIs (that's in 4Q 2005) was that only black fabric interior is available.

The black fabric looked very dowdy to me, dust magnet with lots of white dust speckles, together with black plastic door and dashboard panels.

But your beige leather and beige plastic panels [thumbsup]

Which PI did you get your Edix from?

Neutral Newbie
What I find missing is no mention of Rd, engine and wind noise and more details on its performance on the road.

Well that would be in the Director's Cut version, out in two month's time tongue.gif

Overall, noise insulation is pretty decent, it's quiet on a cruise, with road noise being the dominant factor due to the upsized rubber. The engine note itself is pretty uncharismatic, sounding more like a vacuum cleaner than anything else.

With regards to performance, bear in mind that I've been driving like a pensioner during this run-in period, so there's nothing I can report. Don't worry, after the first servicing, the rev needle will se plenty of action wink.gif

I got my car through Hitman, you can find his prices in the Merchants folder. Very upfront with everything, so no complaints. Be sure you know what you want first, because the lack of communicated requirements can be a great source of pain for all...

Thanks for the comments bro ...

Dont forget , you should be hitting 1K km soon .... come and see me during service so we can cit chat thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie
"driving like a pensioner during this run-in period" you said? laugh.giflaugh.gif

I could not even catch up with you earlier this week.... you were zipping in and out of traffic. If that was driving like a pensioner.... what is driving as per normal? sweatdrop.giflaugh.gif

His pensioner driving is for the rest of us mortals .... boy racer style laugh.gif

↡ Advertisement