Convert to red plate weekend car

Elixir

Dear all,

its been a while since I last posted a thread. I have a query here, if i want to convert my car (a Getz bought in May 2003) into a red plate weekend car, what do I have to do? what are the steps?

I understand that, if I'm correct, on sat, a weekend car can only be driven after 3pm. What do one has to do if says he wants to drive freely on sat?

Thanks for your prompt feedback, as usual.

rgds. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

can u do that? convert from norm COE to red plate? for your last question, i think there is this coupon u can buy and paste on your red-plated car if u wan to drive 'outside' the allowed time

I'm not entirely sure whether its been allowed but my friend has started the process of converting his tuscani to weekend plate since he's going to enter NS in 2 months time. Not sure if they will rebate the 17K.

I think so, I'm not really sure, I believe can find out by calling or suring onemotoring but somehow, experts here might provide an answer faster. Thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

after conversion, the parf of the car will go up. there's a formula avail in one-motoring to show u know they calculate.

of cos its not as good as getting upfront 17k rebate. i think the formula kinda balance up so that ur paper value is correspondingly higher, up to max of 17k.

↡ Advertisement