Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
74 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi MCFers,

I am driving a Civic and was wondering where you guys do your servicing. I have been to Kah motors religiously but think I can probably save quite a fair bit outside, does anyone have any recommendations?

BTW my servicing is 40K, car is about 1 yr 2mths.

Thanks in advance!!
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:43 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm driving a Civic too and yet to do my 10k servicing.

Will be also interested in any good workshops after I've done my 20k with money sucking Kah Motors.

Anyone?

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

Helix
  • Helix
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Try this company which deals in Jap cars (mostly Hondas and Toyotas I think) and own a private workshop. http://www.mova.com.sg

The work shop is located in bukit Merah, opposite the SAFRA building. The workshop is quite large and has quite an extensive array of equipments and facilitites. Basically, one stop center lah.

Brought my old Sonata for them to repair as fuel pump spoiled...found a second hand one for me at a quater of the cost of an original part.

Now, I also driving Civic and will, most likely, be going there for servicing once my free servicing with KM ends.

Edited by Helix, 24 March 2006 - 03:27 PM.

Justice for the 96. YNWA

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:28 PM

Slee
  • Slee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Will going 'outside' not void your warranty ? I guess just bear with it if you are no warranty and consider when the std warranty expires.

On the other hand, in another thread 'PI good or Bad', some members felt non-AD workshops sucks without the parts, right equipments and technician qualifications.

So I guess you decide what you want and feel comfortable.

sunny.gif

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:37 PM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

did mine at AMK autopoint #03-03 since mine 10K..bring yr own oil and he charge 10 bucks for changing oil..but i will go back kah for 40K servicing as there should be lot of things to do at 40K
WebsiteDuragloss Car Care products
WebsiteOptimum Car Care products

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:59 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Thanks for the info. Will look into it.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:04 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If you do 10k outside, then 40k go back to Kah Motors, will there be any problems?

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:05 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hmm... actually I have checked with a lawyer before, it seems the warranty will apply if you are using original parts or the min ratings required for the engine oil and stuff.

As long as you can prove the servicing is done properly it seems Kah motors have to honor their warranty.

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:07 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

yeah should be lots of stuff to do at 40K tats y i would wana go outside, wonder how much the charges will be at Kah, my servicing always around $200. damned EX, heard 40K servicing is much higher.

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

Aimnfire
  • Premium member
    Aimnfire
    6th Gear
    Author Image

my friend usually did his servicing at JB.....bring his own oil and oil filter...........charges rm 120........including wheel balancing, rotation, sparkplug and top up what ever necessary fluid.....btw he's driving vti-s

for 40k i advise u to go back to agent as after servicing 40k and along the way there is problem...u can go back and make noise as major servicing was done by them....;p
hire a hitman is far cheaper than hiring a lawyer
and it gets the job done

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:18 PM

Knighthunter
  • Knighthunter
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I had 3G City last time, 40k servicing cost me about 400 even I bring my own oil and brake pads.

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:28 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I have checked with Kah Motors and they have quoted me between $350~$450 for 40K servicing, that is quite a bomb.... sweatdrop.gif

I had a long conversation and they told me if it is done by a trained Honda mechanic they have to honor their warranty. heehee

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:48 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I just sent my 3G city to KM for 40K servicing. cost me $268, i brought my engine oil

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Smart to bring your own engine oil.

KM chop us like carrots for their Shell Helix. (Maybe their oil contains diamonds)

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

Mt88
  • Mt88
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

When I still have my Ody I went to Kah for tune up and every 20000km. In between I go to otherworkshop at ubi. change oil $20 for labor. Change cv joint for 200 bucks, almost 600 cheaper than Kah

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Where did u buy yr engine oil from?

Does anyone know where to get Shell Helix cheap?

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:01 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Try Yahoo Auctions.

There're some bros who bring in from Malaysia and sell cheaply.

http://auctions.yaho...ell helix&cat=0

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Mt88
  • Mt88
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

try this: http://www.leesheng.com.sg/

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Great, let me know how much cheaper it is to go service at MOVA.

Try this company which deals in Jap cars (mostly Hondas and Toyotas I think) and own a private workshop. http://www.mova.com.sg

The work shop is located in bukit Merah, opposite the SAFRA building. The workshop is quite large and has quite an extensive array of equipments and facilitites. Basically, one stop center lah.

Brought my old Sonata for them to repair as fuel pump spoiled...found a second hand one for me at a quater of the cost of an original part.

Now, I also driving Civic and will, most likely, be going there for servicing once my free servicing with KM ends.

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:16 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Smart to bring your own engine oil.

KM chop us like carrots for their Shell Helix. (Maybe their oil contains diamonds)

Yup. i saved $30 on engine oil

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Honda, Civic, servicing, Which and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users