Honda Civic servicing... Which workshop to go?

Unltd

Hi MCFers,

I am driving a Civic and was wondering where you guys do your servicing. I have been to Kah motors religiously but think I can probably save quite a fair bit outside, does anyone have any recommendations?

BTW my servicing is 40K, car is about 1 yr 2mths.

Thanks in advance!!

↡ Advertisement

I'm driving a Civic too and yet to do my 10k servicing.

Will be also interested in any good workshops after I've done my 20k with money sucking Kah Motors.

Anyone?

Neutral Newbie

Try this company which deals in Jap cars (mostly Hondas and Toyotas I think) and own a private workshop. http://www.mova.com.sg

The work shop is located in bukit Merah, opposite the SAFRA building. The workshop is quite large and has quite an extensive array of equipments and facilitites. Basically, one stop center lah.

Brought my old Sonata for them to repair as fuel pump spoiled...found a second hand one for me at a quater of the cost of an original part.

Now, I also driving Civic and will, most likely, be going there for servicing once my free servicing with KM ends.

Edited by Helix

Neutral Newbie

Will going 'outside' not void your warranty ? I guess just bear with it if you are no warranty and consider when the std warranty expires.

On the other hand, in another thread 'PI good or Bad', some members felt non-AD workshops sucks without the parts, right equipments and technician qualifications.

So I guess you decide what you want and feel comfortable.

[sunny]

did mine at AMK autopoint #03-03 since mine 10K..bring yr own oil and he charge 10 bucks for changing oil..but i will go back kah for 40K servicing as there should be lot of things to do at 40K

Hmm... actually I have checked with a lawyer before, it seems the warranty will apply if you are using original parts or the min ratings required for the engine oil and stuff.

As long as you can prove the servicing is done properly it seems Kah motors have to honor their warranty.

yeah should be lots of stuff to do at 40K tats y i would wana go outside, wonder how much the charges will be at Kah, my servicing always around $200. damned EX, heard 40K servicing is much higher.

my friend usually did his servicing at JB.....bring his own oil and oil filter...........charges rm 120........including wheel balancing, rotation, sparkplug and top up what ever necessary fluid.....btw he's driving vti-s

for 40k i advise u to go back to agent as after servicing 40k and along the way there is problem...u can go back and make noise as major servicing was done by them....;p

I have checked with Kah Motors and they have quoted me between $350~$450 for 40K servicing, that is quite a bomb.... [sweatdrop]

I had a long conversation and they told me if it is done by a trained Honda mechanic they have to honor their warranty. heehee

Smart to bring your own engine oil.

KM chop us like carrots for their Shell Helix. (Maybe their oil contains diamonds)

When I still have my Ody I went to Kah for tune up and every 20000km. In between I go to otherworkshop at ubi. change oil $20 for labor. Change cv joint for 200 bucks, almost 600 cheaper than Kah

Where did u buy yr engine oil from?

Does anyone know where to get Shell Helix cheap?