Honda Civic servicing... Which workshop to go?

Unltd

1. Really? I've never been "warned" before leh.

2. My SA is always Ricky, he just take my stuffs with no complaints leh. Very polite chap and like to share experiences with me. He is also driving a ES5.

3. I would bring my own brake fluid and ATF oil for 40K servicing too. I got my oil filter from a workshop at Upper Changi Road. I keep a few as I don't wait till the next servicing to change oil. I did my oil change at about 5K interval.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie
↡ Advertisement

My allocated SA is supposed to be Jay from UBI. But for my 1K servicing, he wasn't around.

I was served by another guy who complained my mobil 1 5w30 was too thin. [hur]

I thot ES5 can take up to w20 oils. [hur]

1. Ricky is pretty neutral leh, he told me candidly that all oil are almost the same, it is a matter of branding and amount of addictives added.

2. I used Defi 5W50, Defi 5W40, M1 5W30 and tomorrow I will use LiquiD Moly 5W40. 5W20, hehe..not game enough to try. I think new car ok to use a thiner oil. What are the brands that you have tried?

Regards,

ES5 is my first ride and so far I only went for 1K servicing using Mobil 1 5w30. ($39.20 for 4 quartz @ PS-Carrefour)

I can't find cheap Mobil 1 oils nowadays, so thinking of using others.

Maybe try Schaeffer's, Royal Purple or any other cheap-n-good oils.

I don't believe in paying too much for oils.

Edited by Nutty

1. Same here but I don't buy super cheap oil like Car-lube. Anything less than $60 for 5L is ok to me.

2. Schaeffer's no stock leh, so lazy to wait and go for Liquid Moly. I noticed that JB engine oil is not that cheap.

Regards,

Actually got quite a fair bit of ppl going for the $29.90 cxxxxxe promotion.

I heard the price will revert back to $49.90 soon.

Most of them gave good review for cxxxxxe.

1. Yes, cxxxxxe is made by reputable company but I don't like the wording "Triple R".

2. Hence, whether they sell at $29 or $50 there is no impact on me as I will not buy. So you buying one?

Regards,

You know in Indonesia, almost all drivers use 15w50 kind/type of thick oil, 5W50 is consider very thin to them liao. That was my encounter when I helped out in my uncle's workshop in Jakarta last year.

Regards,

coz 15W-50 is half the price of 5W-40 do u think indon consumers willing to buy more expensive oil. They prefer the "Cheaper" the better......not like SG consumers prefer Expensive oil if the oil is selling too 'Cheap' they will think is fake or recycle oil [laugh]

Indons dont care whether the oil is thick or thin anyway thick oil the car still can move mah juz look @ cxxxxxe GoldPlus 15W-50 this oil is 'thick' but then is also selling very well in Carrefour

haha....not really lah. Price is no doubt one thing. My uncle was trying to promote the helix 10W40 and he has problem. No so much of price becasue its very competitive. The general drivers there still have the mentality that XW40 is too thin for their car. In fact the car distributors usually use the default 5W50 on your car, if you do not use your engine oil.

Regards,

1. No lah, I will not paid $80 for a bottle of engine oil. As I've said, not more than $60 for 5L, its my limit.

2. Its a personal thing, don't like the word "R".

Regards,

Whoa! Why do the Indos have this kind of mentality?

For me... w50 oils are too thick for new cars.

1. You know our SPC engine oil is highly regarded in the driving community there? It is selling slightly more expensive than in Singapore?

2. If I'm correct, the car distributor would use W50 as the default oil for change if you do not use your engine oil.

Regards,

I'm not sure about others.

In Singapore, the car distributors uses by default..

- w40 for Honda cars

- w50 for Nissan cars

Not sure about other cars but I'm sure not all uses w50 by default.

↡ Advertisement