• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
105 replies to this topic | 40 praises

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:26 PM

Koolaba
  • Premium member
    Koolaba
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Some pictures to share with you while I am overseas : the notchback version of the Golf V - the Jetta. The rear lamp clusters are very similar to the latest Passat (the silver car next to the black Jetta).

Read from a couple of motoring literature in Europe that the Golf VI will be introduced earlier than expected, in 2008 or so. This will probably be the shortest production run for the Jetta.
http://www.motortren...006/112_news11/

A preview of the Golf VI (albeit small)
http://www.autozeitu...02-vw_golf6.jpg

Attached Files

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

Darth_mel
  • Darth_mel
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Is it a lot smaller than the Passat ?

男人有钱会变坏,女人变坏会有钱。

http://darthmel.blogspot.com/

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

Normal_aspirated
  • Premium member
    Normal_aspirated
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Jetta has larger headlights than the Passat.....think Passat is nicer. nod.gif

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:58 PM

Koolaba
  • Premium member
    Koolaba
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The Jetta is based on the Golf V platform. Hence it is definitely smaller than the Passat.

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

Darth_mel
  • Darth_mel
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Size like Civic ?

男人有钱会变坏,女人变坏会有钱。

http://darthmel.blogspot.com/

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:43 PM

Vit4wd
  • Vit4wd
    Banned

I see lots of such China made Jettas and the older Santanas on the rds of Beijing & Kunming too.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:21 AM

Koolaba
  • Premium member
    Koolaba
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Size of the Civic
http://www.honda.co....ions/index.html

Size of the Jetta (Page 21)
http://www.volkswage...ta_brochure.pdf

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:10 PM

Saabest
  • Premium member
    Saabest
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Any idea when C&C will launch the Jetta in Singapore?

Looks nice to me.

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:51 PM

Koolaba
  • Premium member
    Koolaba
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Honestly I do not have any idea when the Jetta will be arriving here. But bear in mind that the Golf VI will be launched in 2008. The current Jetta will be outdated by then because it is based on the Golf V platform.

If you are looking at a car of the same class from the VAG family, I would recommend the Skoda Octavia II which will be launched by July or August 2006. It is based on the same Golf V platform. The boot space easily beats the Jetta hands down. Not forgetting it is more affordable than the Jetta too.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

Mckinsey
  • Mckinsey
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Anyone bought the VW Jetta yet?

I hardly see it on the road. I am thinking of getting one.

Any comments on VW Jetta by owners as compare to Peugeot 207/307 ??

Thank you.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

Try_conti
  • Premium member
    Try_conti
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i don't drive one but seen a couple on the road already.

Go test drive. Its in VGS showroom.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

Zakuii
  • Premium member
    Zakuii
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I've seen a few Jetta on the road, but not many. I guess it is more expensive than Jap saloon, so not popular with Singaporeans.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:02 PM

Mckinsey
  • Mckinsey
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Assume we take away expenses,is VW Jetta a good buy ??

In fact, I did not see one on Singapore roads yet. Is it that bad ??

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

Cheeze
  • Cheeze
    4th Gear
    Author Image

the Jetta comes in two engine type, a 1.6l powerplant and a GTi equivalent 2.0 turbo. I've test driven the 2.0 turbo and I have to admit, it's a really good car. However, I heard that the 1.6l is only so-so in terms of performance.

You can check out this review article for more information on the Jetta:

http://www.xxxxxxx.c...pageid=1&view=1
-------------------------------------
Slaves to our car are we.....

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

Zakuii
  • Premium member
    Zakuii
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I think the 1.6l is not a good buy for the price. But can consider the 2.0l turbo. I wanted to test drive it but VW has loaned it out for review. At $120k+ for the 2l turbo, it is still considered high, but the DSG gearbox should be a good reason to get one.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:20 PM

Try_conti
  • Premium member
    Try_conti
    6th Gear
    Author Image

since we are not looking at expenses, I would think its a good buy.

However, having said that, one man's meat is another's poison. In terms of technology, its basically a GTI with a boot (the 2.0T version). Maybe suspension has been tuned to comfort as its targetted towards families but with the power built-in.

Not many like the look. Some don't like German tech. Some say no soul etc etc.

You have to test drive it. If you like the way it handles and if you like the ride, go for it.

Many car buyers in SG looks at the price and bells and whistles only aka what are the things that the car comes with. They don't talk about safety, handling and technology.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If German tech has no soul, what will happen to Korean/MY/Jap tech?

I am driving the 1.6Jetta. Performance wise, I'm satisfied with it. It won't win any drag race against the WRX laugh.gif but it brings a smile to me each time I need to drive in the rain, or take a corner.

One of the main reasons I bought it is due to the safety features: good side-crash rating, six airbags (inclusive of curtain airbags), ESP. For that kind of money, no Jap ride can offer me these features. I have an aversion to French cars.

And... to retrieve my car in the carpark, I no longer have to check the car number plate to make sure the car is mine before going near it flowerface.gif

Edited by Beng2, 02 November 2007 - 08:22 PM.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

Heckers
  • Heckers
    Clutched
    Author Image

dont think it's fair to compare your 1.6L to a wrx since it will basically blow you away although pricing wise similar.., compare to normal jap 1.6L better.... laugh.gif

the 2.0L turbo is quite good though.... thumbsup.gif

Edited by Heckers, 02 November 2007 - 09:01 PM.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:10 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Compared to a Jap 1.6litre car, I think the FD4 will smoke me at the traffic lights laugh.gif

The 2.0T model is indeed a sleeper car but I have an aversion to spending >$100k for a car.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

Heckers
  • Heckers
    Clutched
    Author Image

petrol prices going up! blow here blow there, wallet suffer only......let em donate to the gahment not u! laugh.gif

Back to Volkswagen Auto Club  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Jetta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users